General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-May-20 04:00:36
Print Post

Re: BT Fiber order

[re: jparnell82] [link to this post]

Nice smile

Is it a new install or do you already have the hardware (i.e. ONT etc) installed?
Going by the activation date I assume this is a complete new install of FTTP.

So I assume they will do all the external work before then and then on that date (4th June) they will do the internal part of the install (assuming they are allowed to do so) and if all goes well should be live then smile

Paul

Standard User jparnell82
(regular) Fri 22-May-20 07:23:27
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Yep this is a brand new install coming from FTTC. They estimate they'll be installing the fibre next Tuesday.
Standard User wakey
(regular) Fri 22-May-20 10:23:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by jparnell82:
woohoo.

My account issue has been resolved (i can see an order happened in the background at lunchtime today to correct my package).

BT have just phoned me and my order for full fibre has now gone through. They have said that they have to activate me on Full Fibre 100 and then once it's live, 24hrs later can switch me to Full Fibre 500 for the 49.99 listed on their main BT site.

Activation is 4th June

Excellent - Hopefuly i will be getting the same phone call on Sunday smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wakey
(regular) Fri 22-May-20 10:24:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
In reply to a post by wakey:
The personalised deal page doesn't work for us either. However its good that you had a similar response and it was resolved. I've been promised a callback on Sunday so hopefully I will be able to order then smile

Yeah, every broadband update we do results in an Exception being flagged on our line and we have to go through all this hassle to do upgrades.

I would say don't be surprised if you don't get a phone call and that it just goes live (assuming an order was already placed and had issues), but like I have said, I would wait to mid day on Sunday (i.e. the day that the said they would phone on) and then enquire for an update on the issue.

But hopefully on Sunday you will have the issue resolved and a new order processed and activated.

Paul

Thanks Paul - Yes will be ringing Sunday afternoon if I don't here anything back from them
Standard User jparnell82
(regular) Fri 22-May-20 15:32:15
Print Post

Surprisingly openreach came earlier and attempted the fibre install....

Unfortunately the duct is blocked just outside our front door so they need to send another team to dig and clear it frown they said it will between now and the 4th June when they'll install the ONT.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-May-20 13:22:41
Print Post

[re: wakey] [link to this post]

Thanks Paul - Yes will be ringing Sunday afternoon if I don't here anything back from them

What was the outcome ?

Paul

Standard User wakey
(regular) Mon 25-May-20 15:13:58
Print Post

What was the outcome ?

Paul

As you might have guessed, no phone call. I rang spoke to Chris from Dundee and he said he could see the notes and would look into for me. After about 15 mins he said he had a couple of more teams to talk to but as my dinner was almost ready I asked for him to ring me back. Guess what no phone call. I mean about to try again....
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-May-20 15:29:16
Print Post

After about 15 mins he said he had a couple of more teams to talk to but as my dinner was almost ready I asked for him to ring me back. Guess what no phone call.

Hmm, when they were speaking to other departments and to save me sitting on hold they told me that they would phone back which they did for me.

Maybe they forgot, they do get a lot of calls.

I think you just need to keep on at them, but I think it will get done.

Paul

Standard User wakey
(regular) Mon 25-May-20 17:06:45
Print Post

After about 15 mins he said he had a couple of more teams to talk to but as my dinner was almost ready I asked for him to ring me back. Guess what no phone call.

Hmm, when they were speaking to other departments and to save me sitting on hold they told me that they would phone back which they did for me.

Maybe they forgot, they do get a lot of calls.

I think you just need to keep on at them, but I think it will get done.

Paul

Very true. Spoke to a nice lady from Newcastle and finally managed to place my order. She even got me a £2 discount without even asking. Activation date is the 23rd June.

Shows perseverance works out in the end 😀
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-May-20 22:34:50
Print Post

Very true. Spoke to a nice lady from Newcastle and finally managed to place my order. She even got me a £2 discount without even asking. Activation date is the 23rd June.

Shows perseverance works out in the end 😀

That is good news smile

Paul

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to