General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Nov-20 22:52:25
Print Post

Re: New Build Home - FTTC/FTTP?

[re: adammjones] [link to this post]

Off topic, I know, but those two air vents look a little close to where the path adjacent to your house will be.

You don't want surface water from heavy rain finding its way in, especially if your ground floor is a suspended one.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold Home::1 FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM
Standard User simon194
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Nov-20 08:29:19
Print Post

[re: Woolwich] [link to this post]

The new build I moved into had a second hand postcode. I lost count of the number of times couriers called me to find out where I lived and then having to guide them.

It didn't help that it took more than 18 months for most satnavs to get updated and even Google Maps took over a year after I notified them of the new road.
Standard User adammjones
(newbie) Wed 25-Nov-20 09:12:33
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Luckily I've managed to get both Google and Apple maps up to date so hoping that solves a lot of issues!

The vents do look a little low to me, but there's 6 foot or so to the footpath, so hopefully won't be an issue...

I was having more of an in-depth look yesterday and it looks as though FTTP runs all the way down Gardeners Place and Murrelll Way and stops when Gardeners Place turns left and at the top of Gardeners Place at Old Rose Drive. From what I can see a house around 15 metres away has FTTP but we'll miss out... Ah well! Hopefully Openreach see it as a quick win at some point.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gary333
(experienced) Wed 25-Nov-20 10:34:07
Print Post

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ancient_Mariner:
Off topic, I know, but those two air vents look a little close to where the path adjacent to your house will be.

You don't want surface water from heavy rain finding its way in, especially if your ground floor is a suspended one.

Cheers!

I agree, the air brick on the left is very low down compared to ground level. Hopefully they dig down when they fit path / garden.

Edited by gary333 (Wed 25-Nov-20 10:34:33)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to