General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jamsmv6
(learned) Fri 29-May-20 10:30:22
Print Post

Re: One of 3 houses in road missed for FTTP - HELP please

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

Yes, well deserved!
in other news, openreach have been prodding the ducts around my area (next estate along from this one), so hoping that will mean fttc being upgraded to fttp
Standard User jabuzzard
(committed) Sat 30-May-20 00:33:32
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The point was that when you pay for a survey, it would trigger an actual human to come out and investigate. They would spot and fix the database issue and refuse the FoD order. Sure that would cost a few hundred quid, (though if they refuse the order that should be returnable as the contracted service was not provided) but if you have rubbish broadband that might be a price you are willing to pay to fix the issue.

Even if they did proceed with the FoD order which seems unlikely as they won't proceed with them if native FTTP is planned in the near future it should be a very cheap FoD quote.

If it where me I would totally be prepared to pay for a FoD survey to fix the issue. Hell I get a full 80/20 FTTC service, but would pay tomorrow for a a FoD survey if I thought it would trigger a database fix and I would be able to get a native FTTP install.
Standard User jamsmv6
(learned) Thu 18-Jun-20 09:09:24
Print Post

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

Well yesterday was meant to be 'the go live day'
However noone showed up to do the cabling. He rang to complain and is waiting to find out what went wrong and what happens next.

So order is in, and was meant to be live, but noone has been at all, so no fibre at the house yet.
Is it still done in stages? One team to run the cable to the house, and then another visit to get it into the house and make live, or is it all done as one now?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jamsmv6
(learned) Sat 20-Jun-20 13:51:28
Print Post

[re: jamsmv6] [link to this post]

Well Openreach turned up yesterday to run the fibre to the house, but couldnt as there wasnt space on the current pole.
There is a new unused pole close as well, so they are coming back next week to move him to that.

We beleive this was the problem from the roll out to the area - they ran out of pole space, installed a new pole, but never came back to utilise it.
Standard User jamsmv6
(learned) Fri 03-Jul-20 08:44:22
Print Post

Fibre has now been connected to the house from the new pole.
Final bit of install / go live set for the 8th.
smile
Standard User jamsmv6
(learned) Fri 31-Jul-20 17:46:37
Print Post

After a few more delays for no apparent reason...

He has finally gone live this week.

Thanks again!
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to