General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Jun-20 16:08:02
Print Post

Re: Advice for setting up Community Fibre Partnerships

[re: Moonraker18] [link to this post]

One of the questions I've found neighbours ask is 'What will happen if I don't contribute'

The truthful answer is if others on the same DP do contribute and the CFP does fly its highly likely they will get fttp made available to their property (without them needing to contribute) and once neighbours learn that it makes selling it harder.

Make sure you've got a suitable response that deals with these sort of questions, I'm not suggesting you liar but more you have something ready like 'If people don't contribute its likely we wont be able to pursue a CFP and we will all be stuck with poor broadband'.

Edited by dect (Mon 29-Jun-20 16:17:50)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 29-Jun-20 16:10:45
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

But if more than a few decide they can get it free by not contributing then it is much more likely that no-one will get anything. So, if people want it they need to agree to contribute - if they don't care then don't contribute but don't complain if it doesn't happen.
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Jun-20 16:14:29
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
But if more than a few decide they can get it free by not contributing then it is much more likely that no-one will get anything. So, if people want it they need to agree to contribute - if they don't care then don't contribute but don't complain if it doesn't happen.
Wouldn't disagree with that smile

Edit: I've seen some people say they are not bothered and don't contribute and their house is the first one to have an Openreach van outside when fttp goes live.

Edited by dect (Mon 29-Jun-20 16:16:17)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User busterboy
(committed) Mon 29-Jun-20 17:51:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by dect:
Edit: I've seen some people say they are not bothered and don't contribute and their house is the first one to have an Openreach van outside when fttp goes live.

Which quite honestly stinks. crazy

BTBroadband
Standard User Fastman3
(learned) Mon 29-Jun-20 17:51:47
Print Post

The truthful answer is if others on the same DP do contribute and the CFP does fly its highly likely they will get fttp made available to their property (without them needing to contribute) and once neighbours learn that it makes selling it harder.

if they are the same DP as those who have asked and are distance of the CBT of the those premises then all of those asking or not will have FTTP provided / avaiable to them
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Jun-20 18:08:25
Print Post

[re: Fastman3] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fastman3:
if they are the same DP as those who have asked and are distance of the CBT of the those premises then all of those asking or not will have FTTP provided / avaiable to them
Yeap
Standard User Moonraker18
(newbie) Tue 30-Jun-20 09:32:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for taking the time to respond @MrSaffron - I can see how busy you are.
There are 3 or 4 of us in a cluster that would like to submit now to get the ball rolling whilst we continue to accumulate names. The CFP site is not clear as to whether this is possible or not.

The village already has FTTP to a new build estate at one end and, I assume via a business FTTPoD at the other so some of the work must have been done at the exchange. As the checker shows FTTPoD is available (300/30) we are hopeful but I appreciate hat there is a backlog.
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jun-20 09:38:45
Print Post

[re: Moonraker18] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Moonraker18:
Thanks for taking the time to respond @MrSaffron - I can see how busy you are.
There are 3 or 4 of us in a cluster that would like to submit now to get the ball rolling whilst we continue to accumulate names. The CFP site is not clear as to whether this is possible or not.
Its possible before contracts are signed, although once you have submitted a list of properties for the CFP its very time consuming to add/remove properties as it needs to be requoted and that takes between 4 and 8 weeks each time.
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jun-20 10:01:23
Print Post

[re: PianSomB] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PianSomB:
Hi Colin

What questions do you have that aren't answered on the CFP sites?

I went through the pain of organising a CFP about 18m ago, and we went live with fibre in January - just in time. In the end OR canned my CFP, refunded the payments we had made and did it for free. This is not typical.
Did you have to setup a CIC to sign contracts and make payment when you went through it or have they dropped that requirement?
Standard User PianSomB
(learned) Tue 30-Jun-20 11:12:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by dect:
Did you have to setup a CIC to sign contracts and make payment when you went through it or have they dropped that requirement?

They required a company to sign the contract (and, for the voucher scheme in place at that time, also needed a company to sign up as a participant).

I used my own company for both purposes.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to