General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PS123
(learned) Sun 28-Jun-20 09:19:37
Print Post

Re: BT Full Fibre 500

[re: max1486] [link to this post]

Hi max1486

On Speedtest.net I got 508.18 Mbps down and 72.45 Mbps up.
Fast.com gave me 530 Mbps down and 73 Mbps. Fast.com always gives higher results for some unknown reason.
tbb's own speedtest gave 412 Mbps down and 72.4 Mbps up.

Having said this, the connection seems to wildly fluctuate at times, but I guess there are a number of factors involved.

Also, Smart Hub 2 has not updated to latest firmware yet, still on version 15. Hopefully, after update to the latest firmware, speeds might settle down a bit.
Standard User PS123
(learned) Sun 28-Jun-20 09:23:10
Print Post

[re: AyeUp] [link to this post]

Hi PaulKirby

Lucky you! BT would not budge a millimetre on the price. so had to settle for the Cashback route.

I think it depends on how far into FTTP rollout an area is that dictates whether BT would budge or not...or perhaps it is because I am not classed as an existing customer.

In fairness, I probably don't need a 500/73 package but it was the upload speed that got me to switch.
Standard User PS123
(learned) Sun 28-Jun-20 09:25:17
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Agree, it was the upload for me that got me to switch.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PS123
(learned) Sun 28-Jun-20 09:26:24
Print Post

[re: busterboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by busterboy:
In reply to a post by AyeUp:
500Mb is still available over the phone. About £47.99 they were offering it to me.

That's good to know. Thanks for sharing that AyeUp. wink

PS123 Nice to read posts like this, Thanks for letting us know and sharing you're experience. smile

thanks busterboy
Standard User PS123
(learned) Sun 28-Jun-20 09:26:54
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dect:
Thanks for sharing your experience.

You're welcome!
Standard User PS123
(learned) Tue 30-Jun-20 11:27:07
Print Post

[re: PS123] [link to this post]

Quick update.

Things weren’t as rosy as first seems. Got a bill for FTTC from old provider. Called them to find out that BT did not place a cease order for the line.

So existing provider put cease order into action but hinted that it should have been BT’s responsibility to put the cease order through.

Apparently, I am not the first customer where this has happened and I won’t be the last.

Be aware if you are thinking of moving from FTTC to FTTP, make sure your new provider puts a CEASE order through to old provider unless you want FTTC to continue.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jun-20 15:20:27
Print Post

I'm confused.

Was it a migration or not?

If it wasn't a migration then it's your responsibility to cancel the old service.

If it was a migration, how can your FTTC continue without a phone number attached to it?
Standard User bedrock
(member) Tue 30-Jun-20 16:25:19
Print Post

Had something similar.

Brownfield site, with copper/FTTC (approx 10Mbps) and now FTTP also.
Migrated from Voda FTTC to BT FTTP.

Bt took over the copper line for voice service and faffed with FTTP install (circa 12 weeks)
All the while this was going on, still had VDSL sync on the copper line from Voda.

Only slight difference to the OP, is that Voda had seen the migration and stopped all billing, but the VDSL never got ceased. I had a hard time convincing them there was an issue, but got there in the end.

BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
Standard User oldskool
(member) Tue 30-Jun-20 16:26:22
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

I went from Plusnet FTTC to BT FTTP and BT put in the instruction to take over the phone line. That in turn cancelled the FTTC service.

It disconnected before 6am and then the engineer turned up later that day and connected up FTTP.

Maybe in your case it was an error?

Apart from an upload issue, all good.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9686055666.png
Standard User PS123
(learned) Tue 30-Jun-20 23:39:58
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
I'm confused.

Was it a migration or not?

If it wasn't a migration then it's your responsibility to cancel the old service.

If it was a migration, how can your FTTC continue without a phone number attached to it?

It was supposed to be a migration as far as I understood it. Perhaps it was because I ordered it online? The voice line transferred okay but the internet was kept on.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to