General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pipcoo
(learned) Wed 15-Jul-20 12:38:10
Print Post

Fibre First Question

[link to this post]

I`m in a fibre first area which is currently in the Build In Progress stage (Omagh). We are around 4 miles outside Omagh but are served by the Omagh exchange. My question is does being on the exchange mean we will get FTTP under Fibre First or is it just the town itself .
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 15-Jul-20 12:48:36
Print Post

Re: Fibre First Question

[re: pipcoo] [link to this post]

Fibre First is predominantly urban.

In some cases a village of a few hundred premises a mile or two out of a town does see some FTTP roll-out, but not that common.

You are likely to be waiting for Project Stratum or people like Fibrus

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Taaketa
(newbie) Wed 15-Jul-20 12:50:12
Print Post

[re: pipcoo] [link to this post]

NI is going through an upgrade at the moment. The immediate area around Omagh is included in the upgrade so you'll get it shortly. Where I am based they spreaded the footboxes with numbers and were running the cable through. About 3 days later after completing the cabling we were notified that FTTP was now available.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 15-Jul-20 12:52:38
Print Post

[re: Taaketa] [link to this post]

While that may be the case for some areas, I'd caution against thinking it will get to someone shortly. That shortly might be 3 months or 5 years.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Taaketa
(newbie) Wed 15-Jul-20 12:59:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

True. The actual connection to my home may take up to 4-6 weeks currently is what Zen has told me.
  Print Thread

Jump to