General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 1nfern0
(regular) Thu 23-Jul-20 15:28:52
Print Post

YouFibre

[link to this post]

There was a broadband outage today in Durham today and I spotted some engineers pulling fibre through the duct outside.
I've already got FTTP installed and thought they had caused the outage, anyway had a quick chat with the guy and although unrelated to the fault, it was interesting to hear that they are laying fibre through the full estate for a company called YouFibre.
Looking at their site https://youfibre.com/ it looks to have very competitive pricing and I will definitely be weighing them up when they activate at the end of the year.
Pricing looks good even excluding the introductory offers

Residential 1Gb Up, 1Gb down for £50 (£30 introductory)

Business 1Gb Up, 1Gb down for £100 (£75 introductory)
Business 10Gb Up, 10Gb down for £500 (£250 introductory)

Has anyone heard of them or got an experience of their product yet? It does look like they're just started.
Standard User GonePostal
(committed) Thu 23-Jul-20 15:42:38
Print Post

Re: YouFibre

[re: 1nfern0] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 1nfern0:
There was a broadband outage today in Durham today . . . .

Covered a wide area (we are 40miles N of Newcastle and lost internet connection) and reportedly affected BT/TalkTalk backhauls. Anecdotally due to a small fire at a BT site in Newcastle.

We had connection restored at 14:06.

Edit: From the local BBC News site:

15:04

SharedData centre fire leads to internet and phone woes

A fire at a data centre in Newcastle has caused problems with the internet and phone lines across parts of the North East.

Internet provider TalkTalk said the issue had occurred in a part of the Virgin Media network and it had been working hard to fix the "cable break".

BT's service status website also confirmed it had been affected by an outage in the Newcastle and Jesmond areas.

The problem began just before midday, and was described as particularly troublesome given the number of people still working from home.

It has now been resolved and TalkTalk thanked users for their patience.

Edited by GonePostal (Thu 23-Jul-20 15:49:15)

Standard User 1nfern0
(regular) Thu 23-Jul-20 15:54:47
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

yeah, I figured that bit out, I'm more excited about the prospect of a new ISP offering fibre.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Safcsat
(newbie) Mon 27-Jul-20 10:42:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by 1nfern0:
There was a broadband outage today in Durham today and I spotted some engineers pulling fibre through the duct outside.
I've already got FTTP installed and thought they had caused the outage, anyway had a quick chat with the guy and although unrelated to the fault, it was interesting to hear that they are laying fibre through the full estate for a company called YouFibre.
Looking at their site https://youfibre.com/ it looks to have very competitive pricing and I will definitely be weighing them up when they activate at the end of the year.
Pricing looks good even excluding the introductory offers

Residential 1Gb Up, 1Gb down for £50 (£30 introductory)

Business 1Gb Up, 1Gb down for £100 (£75 introductory)
Business 10Gb Up, 10Gb down for £500 (£250 introductory)

Has anyone heard of them or got an experience of their product yet? It does look like they're just started.

Yep, I am signed up and just waiting for the physical install! Due in a couple of weeks after an initial 4 week delay (duct issues underground prevented pulling the fibre easily, so need to dig in some places)

Amazing price, even when (if) it returns to full price of £50/month!
Standard User 1nfern0
(regular) Mon 27-Jul-20 15:10:15
Print Post

[re: Safcsat] [link to this post]

That's encouraging. Whilst they are pulling through my estate now, I suspect it'll be nearer December before I can order.
As I've already got an Openreach ONT, I guess I'll need a 2nd one installed for YouFibre. For the price, I'm tempted to get it installed on day 1 rather than waiting for my Cerberus contract to end in March.
You'll have to keep me up to date with how your installation goes and any issues.
Standard User Safcsat
(newbie) Mon 27-Jul-20 17:11:52
Print Post

I will do!

For the price, I was actually tempted by their 10Gbps business for 250/month on a 36 month term! Realised that was absolute madness, so settled for 2 x 1Gbps, which is not madness....surely? smile
Standard User Safcsat
(newbie) Fri 07-Aug-20 11:09:21
Print Post

My install was delayed for a second time unfortunately, issues again with the underground ducts. So they then need planning permission from the local council, adds extra time to each install.

They have the planning application in now for next week, so lets see what happens!
Standard User threelegs
(member) Sat 08-Aug-20 11:27:24
Print Post

are youfibre putting in their own fibre or will they take over a bt fttp service if asked
Standard User APTMAN
(member) Sat 08-Aug-20 11:58:49
Print Post

[re: threelegs] [link to this post]

Looking at there 'Symmetrical Speeds' (same Speed Up & Down ) on there website I would say there own.

Edit , Just sent them an email because I am interested.

Edited by APTMAN (Sat 08-Aug-20 12:15:41)

Standard User Safcsat
(newbie) Sun 09-Aug-20 09:21:03
Print Post

[re: threelegs] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by threelegs:
are youfibre putting in their own fibre or will they take over a bt fttp service if asked

Their own fibre. Netomnia are laying it all around the area. Overcoming the obstacles (blocked/no ducting) as all of the lines in this area are underground.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to