General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Oct-20 18:27:32
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk FTTP

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

I guess you mean they stick you behind a CGN? OK, that sucks smile
Standard User jpm
(member) Mon 05-Oct-20 19:53:56
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Yes, as standard they use CGNAT which seems to have really low-quality IP addresses in use on the gateways.

At least they provide IPv6 but it would be nice if their IPv6 as standard was a static allocation, rather than having to pay £5/month just to get a real IPv4 address and a static v6.
Standard User burble
(committed) Mon 05-Oct-20 23:38:19
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

The 'Future Fibre' team are trained to [censored] to the extreme, I've been offered FTTP three times then had it cancelled. I have a theory after a small slip from one operative. On exchanges like mine with limited capacity, they are happy to take new customers, but reluctant to upgrade existing customers.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Highland76
(committed) Tue 06-Oct-20 03:50:33
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

Sorry to hear they gave you the run around but I had zero issues ordering the service. It’s the same team dealing with both residential and business orders at present.

My only ‘complaint’ with them was that it took 2 weeks to go live when Openreach can activate a new FTTP circuit on an existing ONT (4 port) within 48 hrs like it’s been done previously on my line. But a very minor issue in the grand scheme of things smile

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Highland76 (Tue 06-Oct-20 10:09:27)

Standard User Highland76
(committed) Wed 07-Oct-20 07:23:11
Print Post

[re: donka] [link to this post]

Gone live yet?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User donka
(newbie) Wed 07-Oct-20 08:08:54
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Highland76:
Gone live yet?

Unfortunately not. Should have been yesterday but Openreach could not get the new cable through the current ground trunking as it was blocked. I’m expecting an update today on when they will be out to clear it.
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Wed 07-Oct-20 08:31:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by donka:
Gone live yet?

Unfortunately not. Should have been yesterday but Openreach could not get the new cable through the current ground trunking as it was blocked. I’m expecting an update today on when they will be out to clear it.

Sorry to hear that, hope it gets resolved soon.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User donka
(newbie) Wed 07-Oct-20 10:23:55
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

Gone live yet?

Sorry to hear that, hope it gets resolved soon.

Cheers. No issue as I still have my FTTC connection at the moment so just need to be patient until OR get the blockage cleared.
Standard User donka
(newbie) Mon 26-Oct-20 17:00:56
Print Post

Quick update.
TT were waiting on Openreach who needed a dig team to come out and investigate. Initial estimate was before the 19 Jan! Got an update over the weekend that this was now expected on 15th Nov. Out of frustration I bought myself a flexible grab tool and took it upon myself to clear the blockage from the underground ducting myself. Managed to get it cleared today after removing about 30 stones - we had the garden done last year and this section was finished with decorative stone chips but a number of them found their way inside the duct creating the blockage. Surprised the OR engineer didn't have suitable tools to clear it himself but long story short, it's now cleared and I updated TT today so hopefully get word when the engineer can come back out to route the fibre soon.
The things you need to do... smile
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Oct-20 17:55:52
Print Post

I bought myself a flexible grab tool and took it upon myself to clear the blockage from the underground ducting myself.
Have you a link to the flexible grab tool you bought smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to