General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User threelegs
(member) Tue 28-Jul-20 11:12:14
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk FTTP

[re: CarlTSpeak] [link to this post]

the lack of a bundled copper landline will put many people off,me included, from signing up to tt fttp
Standard User burble
(committed) Tue 28-Jul-20 11:20:53
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

Well the shear level of incompetence at TT has stepped up a notch, I don't think I've ever spoken to so many people at a company who know so little about what they are doing, I've normally had reasonable service from TT in the past, but this is not like 'banging your head against a wall', this is taking a run up and diving head first at reinforced concrete. I've had a frustrating year of promises from TT on when FTTP would be available, now they have cocked it up big time.
Standard User Highland76
(member) Tue 28-Jul-20 11:37:40
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

Is it the lack of a bundled voice service with FTTP which is stopping you taking out fibre with TT? IMHO it’s not really an issue, just sign up with Vonage or Sipgate for the voice part. The latter charge no monthly fees for their ‘Basic’ PAYG plan and if you make a lot of calls to landlines/mobiles then their unlimited calling plan is only £9.95/m.

BT Business FTTP 330/50 -- Netgear RAX200

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User burble
(committed) Tue 28-Jul-20 11:54:08
Print Post

No it's TT's inability to handle my order, bare in mind I had been told by CEO's office that FTTP had been ordered on my line (that's another long story), I wanted to double check the time scale and also that porting my number to Sipgate wouldn't trigger a cease of my present service.
The FTTP order has been 'lost', but not only that they can't put in the order again as my house doesn't show on the system (it took three calls of nearly an hour each time to find this out), I can go on OR website and my whole street including my house is listed as having FTTP available, if I do a speed test on here it flags up that FTTP is available, but for my post code TT system only shows the school down the road as having FTTP available. On TT's forum there are several others who have same problem. I've now been on my 4th phone call, and got cut off whilst it was being escalated up the system.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Jul-20 14:15:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by burble:
I wanted to double check the time scale and also that porting my number to Sipgate wouldn't trigger a cease of my present service.

In most cases where broadband/landline is a bundled service if you port the landline number to a VOIP provider it will cease the entire service from the ISP.

ISP's need to take advantage of OpenReach's "Renumber with number export" service to do this but very few do.
Standard User threelegs
(member) Tue 28-Jul-20 15:17:11
Print Post

No it is the fact that they dont have an option to keep the landline. yes i could use voip but that then means another monthly bill when BT and others keep it simple and cheaper than tt

Edited by threelegs (Tue 28-Jul-20 15:18:24)

Standard User kommando
(regular) Tue 28-Jul-20 16:08:11
Print Post

[re: threelegs] [link to this post]

Basic Sipgate is free is you never make an outgoing phonecall, I added £10 credit to my account and its down to £9.80 12 months later.
Standard User dogcat
(learned) Tue 28-Jul-20 16:22:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by Highland76:
TalkTalk Business will be launching Openreach FTTP tomorrow:

0.5 Gig for £59.95/m (ex vat) including copper line rental + unlimited landline + mobile calls + static ip

1 Gig for £69.95/m with same phone package

edit. forgot the VAT. Its still cheap, but is a only a bit more than BT retail.

Edited by dogcat (Tue 28-Jul-20 16:23:40)

Standard User burble
(committed) Tue 28-Jul-20 17:37:54
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

At the moment I'm awaiting another call back, they haven't got a clue. One of the questions asked was "why do you want to port your number?" I then had to explain to the so called 'expert on FTTP' (their term not mine) that they weren't providing a voice service with FTTP, they are now discussing how to handle it.
Standard User Highland76
(member) Tue 28-Jul-20 18:47:39
Print Post

Why don’t you keep your existing TT copper broadband & voice active and place a new order for TT FTTP (data only). Once you’re up and running on FTTP, simply ask your chosen VoIP provider to port your TT number. Once the port is completed, this will automatically cease your copper voice & broadband on TT.

BT Business FTTP 330/50 -- Netgear RAX200
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to