General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 25-Aug-20 16:56:46
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk FTTP

[re: CarlTSpeak] [link to this post]

Maybe they have to look up the results on a photocopied set of pages

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jpm
(regular) Wed 09-Sep-20 17:12:22
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

Does anybody know if TalkTalk Business use PPPoE on their GEA (FTTC/FTTP) services, or whether it's like their home broadband that is just ethernet and DHCP to assign an address?
Standard User Highland76
(member) Wed 09-Sep-20 17:28:00
Print Post

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jpm:
Does anybody know if TalkTalk Business use PPPoE on their GEA (FTTC/FTTP) services, or whether it's like their home broadband that is just ethernet and DHCP to assign an address?

TTB use PPPoE. They gave me the login credentials over the phone for their Fibre 900 service so that I can use my own router - this is going live next Thursday. Though a bit miffed they're taking 2 weeks to provision a new FTTP circuit on an already active 4 port ONT when Giganet and Trunk Networks did the same within 48hrs. But it is what it is.

IIRC I was also using PPPoE on their FTTC service up until 2017, again I was using my own router.

BT Business FTTP 330/50 Mbps -- Netgear RAX200

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jpm
(regular) Wed 09-Sep-20 18:12:36
Print Post

Thanks for confirming. I assume the use of PPPoE is related to having wholesale customers on the network and needing to split the realms up to pass to different RADIUS servers, but that's just a guess.

Have you tried using baby jumbo frames on a TTB GEA service?
Standard User Highland76
(member) Wed 09-Sep-20 18:25:21
Print Post

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

Could never get a MTU of 1500 to work on TTB FTTC but will try on their FTTP service and let you know.

Standard User burble
(committed) Wed 09-Sep-20 20:02:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Maybe they have to look up the results on a photocopied set of pages

After my recent contact with them, I'd say more likely hand written with a quill pen.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Wed 09-Sep-20 23:04:47
Print Post

Even with VAT on top that's not far from half the price I'm paying Cerberus at the moment for the gigabit package (120Mbps upload). Obviously TTB don't go via BT Wholesale though, so costs are cheaper. When my contract term is finished, and if overall feedback seems fine, I might switch.
Standard User donka
(newbie) Mon 14-Sep-20 17:50:27
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

Is anyone here running TT FTTP and if so, would you recommend? I'm currently with Plusnet for the past 12 year who to be fair have been excellent with a rock solid connection. Happy with my current FTTC connection but they don't offer FTTP so considering the switch to the TT 500MBPS package for not much more money.
Standard User Highland76
(member) Mon 14-Sep-20 18:40:22
Print Post

[re: donka] [link to this post]

I'll let you know on Thu when I go live 😋

Standard User Pheasant
(member) Mon 14-Sep-20 21:10:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by Highland76:
I'll let you know on Thu when I go live 😋

Let us know how it goes when something breaks, how they fayre!

I’ve renewed with Cerberus for another 12 months on my (recently native) FTTP, and they have in all honesty been great in the initial 12 month term, and generally very responsive when things have gone wrong or needed errr fixing, but it’s always good to know how well other suppliers are performing smile

I did look at TTB last month for a LL install in London but couldn’t get in the ballpark.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to