General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User WelshBluebird
(experienced) Mon 03-Aug-20 19:50:39
Print Post

FTTP was "soon" but now not planned. What gives?

[link to this post]

So where I live has had FTTP coming soon according to the Openreach website for the last 6 months (not sure how long before that, only moved here 6 months ago). I've just looked this evening out of curiosity and now they are saying they don't have any plans for it. Im assuming that probably means they have hit something that they don't want to pay to deal with and so have abandoned their plans? Given we don't have FTTC either its a bit annoying that they've now gone backwards!
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Mon 03-Aug-20 20:03:44
Print Post

Re: FTTP was "soon" but now not planned. What gives?

[re: WelshBluebird] [link to this post]

Sometimes areas drop out of scope of plans, either due to funding changes or newly identified difficulties as you suggested; but sometimes just the status is wrong, and you could find FTTP suddenly becomes available in a few months time.

If you mention the area, one of the knowledgeable people on this forum might have some clues from what they've seen happening on the ground.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Aug-20 01:59:06
Print Post

Re: FTTP was "soon" but now not planned. What gives?

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Might also be that they forgot what is to be there, it does happen.

I have a friend round the corner (5 mins) from me who was down for FTTP (2011 / 2012) had the hardware installed right up to the Fibre Manifold on the pole, to then not go live, then a year ago got dropped to have FTTC installed where it was installed including the power to then have the cabinet removed to now be back to be down for FTTP

So you will never know what is be installed until it goes live.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to