General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrvanx
(committed) Thu 13-Aug-20 12:33:41
Print Post

FTTP available, Address not listed.

[link to this post]

Hi All,
We moved to our property around 5 years ago and didnt bother with the phone line at the property because we went with Fixed Wireless broadband (We used SIPGate).

FTTP was brought into the village late last year so weve been waiting to get moved over to it when the time was right. Ive just called the provider of choice (Zen) and the guy was very apologetic about the following:

- Our address is not listed on the system, unfortunately that means we have to get a phone line installed (to the tune of £50 and atleast one months line rental), we then can order FTTP without any bother which will be installed in thier usual lead time. He mentioned the phrase "Bronze Address Key"?

Our address WAS listed on the line checker a while back when I was still browsing for providers (when we moved in) so what has happened here? There are TWO physical cables coming from the telegraph pole, the guy at Zen suggested I popped a phone into one of the plugs in the house and see if I get any responce from dialling 17070 to see if there is a number associated with either of the lines.

Seems just a tad rediculous that myself (and Zen) are having to go down this route because of an error on Openreach's part??

Beeline rural wireless broadband
20Mbit down / 9mbit up, great service.

Edited by mrvanx (Thu 13-Aug-20 12:34:38)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Aug-20 13:05:53
Print Post

Re: FTTP available, Address not listed.

[re: mrvanx] [link to this post]

A village having some FTTP does not guarantee you will have it.

The immediate neighbours on same pole can they order?

In terms of checkers the address should appear and if not the ISP should feed this back through the system for an update, can do this myself if you email me [email protected],com

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mrvanx
(committed) Thu 13-Aug-20 13:25:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi MrSaffron,
It is a small village (~400 residents) on a single street with no through road. We have an Annex directly attached to our property (which only got its own address about a year after we moved in) and even that is listed laugh

The pole where the FTTP manifold (is that what it is called??) is around 10 yards away and there are two lines running to our property from the same pole, neither of which we are using (due to SIPGate etc..).

Every pole in the village was outfitted with them, only one neighbour i'm aware of has the cables run under the ground. Our annex even got a leaflet when the FTTP went live to say it could be ordered, but I dont recall getting one through our door (makes sence).

My immediate neighbour and a few others in the village have successfully got FTTP so im certain it will work for our property if only our address was on the list! laugh

I'll send you an email, see if you can work your magic (a bit later, need to get a photo so you can see the proximity of the pole to our house), I'll let you know what the outcome of trying the "17070" test is also.

Thanks.

Edited by mrvanx (Thu 13-Aug-20 13:29:45)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrvanx
(committed) Tue 25-Aug-20 14:59:38
Print Post

Well I got a response after submitting and enquiry here: https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband

I figured it wouldn't do any harm!

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about fibre broadband availability in your area.

I've had a look at this for you and we need to investigate this matter further. I'm going to ask another one of my colleagues in our fibre broadband team to look into this and get back to you. They're best placed to deal with this type of query.

One of my colleagues will be in touch with you soon. They've got all of your details, so shouldn't need anything else before coming back to you.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Hopefully they can sort this. fingers crossed!

Standard User mrvanx
(committed) Tue 08-Sep-20 11:46:39
Print Post

Further update.......................nothing from Openreach. I assume this is normal and it takes a fair while to get any sort correspondence from them??

I was browsing the forum and came across the BT wholesale checker which actually has my address listed on there, with a load of numbers after the address (as do all the other addresses).

The screenshot I took shows that FTTP is available etc... not sure what to do with this info??

SCREENSHOT

Standard User Highland76
(member) Tue 08-Sep-20 12:04:40
Print Post

Well according to the DSL checker native FTTP is available at your address. Are you Still not having any luck with Zen? If so, try a dummy order on BTs website, if you can order it with BT then probably an issue with Zen’s internal checker and you will have to order elsewhere eg BT.

BT Business FTTP 330/50 Mbps -- Netgear RAX200
Standard User jpm
(regular) Tue 08-Sep-20 12:36:54
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

Zen will be able to get the Openreach records updated if it's going to result in them gaining a subscriber
Standard User mrvanx
(committed) Tue 08-Sep-20 12:42:42
Print Post

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

As mentioned in my original post, the guys at Zen are unable to do anything about the address being missing on the database, the only way they were able to do anything from their end is if I took out a new phone line with them, get it installed, then order FTTP once the line was up and my address in the database......then cancel the phone line (£50 plus a months line rental at least......lighter by the end of the process).

I haven't been chasing Zen for this as my understanding is this is Openreach's domain, earlier on in this thread I did get some form of contact from them about my problem but heard nothing since.

Just to be sure ive checked BT broadbands checker, Sky's and Zen's and none of them show my address still, that is also the case for the openreach address checker.

I guess I am waiting to hear from OR which is likely to take ages?

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Sep-20 12:47:11
Print Post

Zen can get Openreach to resolve it and they should. The consumer should not have to have any dealings with Openreach and the ISP should be managing the process of getting the database resolved when signing you as a customer.
Standard User jpm
(regular) Tue 08-Sep-20 12:51:29
Print Post

Zen are wrong, any CP can submit an ORDI request for a database update.

I had line routing checked and updated for a customer that was showing a connection to a cabinet 5 miles away from their location instead of the one that all the surrounding properties were on, and didn't have to order a copper line to do that.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to