General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Fastman3
(regular) Tue 08-Sep-20 17:37:44
Print Post

Re: FTTP available, Address not listed.

[re: mrvanx] [link to this post]

Seems just a tad rediculous that myself (and Zen) are having to go down this route because of an error on Openreach's part??

its not an error on openreach that you have never ordered a line - the iussue will be Openreach wont wont know if the CBT can reach your premise and you can actually be offered FTTP unless you have some form or service already which you currently dont
Standard User olicuk
(member) Tue 08-Sep-20 17:48:44
Print Post

so to clarify, if you go to broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com and choose address checker, enter just your postcode and the captcha and submit, the list includes your address, and when you select that address, it gives the result in your screenshot above.

But if you go to bt.com/broadband, click "enter your postcode", and enter just your postcode, then check availability, the list of addresses doesn't include yours?

---------
fibre.everestpark.org.uk | Zen VDSL2 80:20 (~64:20) bqm | Draytek 2860 + Ubiquiti AP
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Sep-20 18:24:57
Print Post

[re: Fastman3] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fastman3:
the issue will be Openreach wont wont know if the CBT can reach your premise and you can actually be offered FTTP unless you have some form or service already which you currently don't
I thought that during the commissioning phase of a FTTP infrastructure install this is assessed for each property and a comment is added to the DSL checker like 'Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG partial Direct In Ground'. I didn't think it was based on having an active line, I wonder if this issue has been caused by what has happened with the Annexe.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Realalemadrid
(committed) Tue 08-Sep-20 19:17:43
Print Post

[re: Fastman3] [link to this post]

@Fastman3 You often post on various threads on the forum with, how shall I say it politely, rubbish. The BT wholesale checker says that FTTP is available. with further details that it is a single dwelling unit residential, Overhead fed with no anticipated issues.

Why do you think a phone line service needs to be ordered to allow FTTP to be offered?

Edited by Realalemadrid (Tue 08-Sep-20 19:18:50)

Standard User mrvanx
(committed) Wed 09-Sep-20 11:27:46
Print Post

[re: olicuk] [link to this post]

That is correct yes.

Just to confirm: broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com has our address on (and the screenshot earlier on in the thread shows the results). bt.com/broadband doesnt have our address in the list (same for sky and zen....and probably anyone else's checker).

I did a cheeky reply to the email from openreach (i got a couple of weeks ago) and surprisingly got the following, so Im going to hang on a bit:

Good morning (Redacted....wasnt my name!)

Thank you for your patience. I am just dealing with your addressing now.

I will update you further in 7 days.

Kind regards

(redacted)

The more I think this through (first world problems etc...) it does seem like Openreach isnt intended to be dealing with the consumer directly but the provider should be doing this chasing..........its the common problem where you get told one thing by the provider (whome by default gets the benefit of the doubt) and then you get people on forums who tell you differently? (Im VERY aware that members on here are industry insiders and definately know thier stuff...so apologies if this comes out wrong, it isnt intended so).

Always a quandry as to whether you call the provider up with advice from a forum that says they are incorrect!?!? smile

As always the advice from you all is VERY appreciated .

Beeline rural wireless broadband
20Mbit down / 9mbit up, great service.
Standard User mrvanx
(committed) Mon 14-Sep-20 12:15:53
Print Post

Re: FTTP available, Address not listed....some progress?!

Hi All,
Just an update:

Openreach address checker (https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband) now shows our address, and so does BT/sky/zen etc....

However, the openreach checker gives me this responce when I select my address :
We need more details
We can’t tell from your input if you can get fibre broadband. If you’ve entered a telephone number, please try again with your postcode.

and for example BTs page states:
Sorry, we can't find results for your address at the moment ff

We're updating our systems and we hope this will be fixed soon.

To add to the mix the bt wholesale page (which showed our address fine and we got sane results (see earlier in thread) now states:
Your address has been successfully matched; however we cannot determine ADSL availability at this address. Please try the Telephone Number or Postcode Checker.

I assume Openreach are still doing things with the database, I havent received an email yet but it looks..................possibly.........like progress?? crazy

Standard User Highland76
(member) Mon 14-Sep-20 13:11:02
Print Post

Here you say

In reply to a post by mrvanx:
Openreach address checker (https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband) now shows our address, and so does BT/sky/zen etc....

But here:

In reply to a post by mrvanx:
and for example BTs page states:
Sorry, we can't find results for your address at the moment ff

We're updating our systems and we hope this will be fixed soon.

So does BT Retail let you order it or not? If not, then maybe order it through Zen or Sky? Don't get too bogged down with all the checkers, only the BT/Openreach checker >>here<< and the ISP checker are mainly relevant.

BT Business FTTP 330/50 Mbps -- Netgear RAX200

Edited by Highland76 (Mon 14-Sep-20 13:16:20)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 14-Sep-20 15:59:12
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Highland76:
Don't get too bogged down with all the checkers, only the BT/Openreach checker >>here<< and the ISP checker are mainly relevant.
That is the BT Wholesale checker, not the Openreach one.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
To argue with mindless bigots is foolish.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-Sep-20 16:24:55
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

I think they mean previously their address did not appear in the drop down selection lists, but now it does i.e. progress.

Still failing to show product availability, but that can often take another day or so to filter through.

If by end of week product still not showing then time to prod Openreach again.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mrvanx
(committed) Wed 16-Sep-20 11:59:59
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I got an email yesterday with an update:

Good morning (Redacted)

Thank you for your patience.

Your address has now been built on or our address database and your address key is Axxxxxxxxxx (Redacted).

Kind regards

(Redacted)

Checking today the products available still dont show and the checkers on other websites (Zen etc...) show the same as earlier in the week. I will leave it as you say but should this not change is it likely to cause problems if I attempt to get FTTP ordered with Zen??

Cheers all,

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to