General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Oct-20 15:22:58
Print Post

Re: Here come CityFibre

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

They are making that claim based on BT and Zens standard pricing on the lowest Ultrafast option, based on their pricing in "on net" exchanges, like Salisbury.

https://www.giga.net.uk/salisbury-broadband-launch/

They make similar claims about their business broadband.

https://www.giga.net.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/S...

Their 1000/115 residential services is only £55 in Salisbury.
Their ultrafast offerings start at £35 for 220/30 which is also cheaper than BT and Zens lowest Ultrafast.

Edited by j0hn83 (Fri 09-Oct-20 15:28:31)

Standard User vegito
(newbie) Fri 13-Nov-20 19:23:53
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Funny enough, I am also tracking the Cityfibre rollout in Glasgow. According to one.net in the next 12 months....

https://i.imgur.com/4YEXaM3.png

All those phone icons are the right are Cityfibre installs, I live in the ominous and empty black square with no sign of Cityfibre.

Does that mean they are not likely to install in my area in the next 12 months, or is it possible they just haven't added all of the roadworks.org references yet for the year to come?

At this rate I am worried they will just skip past me and not install frown
Standard User vegito
(newbie) Fri 13-Nov-20 19:40:34
Print Post

[re: Woolwich] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Woolwich:
It's Glasgow. ...where OR just lit up..

Oh? I just checked the latest build report and I see Glasgow now has 18 exchanges apparently! But it still only shows Bearsden/Cumbernauld and a couple of others; do we have any idea about where the rest of these exchanges are?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User derby13
(regular) Fri 13-Nov-20 21:11:19
Print Post

[re: vegito] [link to this post]

I've seen that CityFibre are using BT poles to connect to premises, but does anyone know if they will use a BT or VM duct on private property?
Standard User Woolwich
(committed) Fri 13-Nov-20 22:04:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by vegito:
Oh? I just checked the latest build report and I see Glasgow now has 18 exchanges apparently! But it still only shows Bearsden/Cumbernauld and a couple of others; do we have any idea about where the rest of these exchanges are?

I think you are on Pollok which has nothing going on. Halfway (Cardonald area) the Thornliebank area (Gifnock exchange?) are Fibre First along with Bearsden and Ballieston.
Standard User vegito
(newbie) Fri 13-Nov-20 22:15:39
Print Post

[re: Woolwich] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Woolwich:

I think you are on Pollok which has nothing going on. Halfway (Cardonald area) the Thornliebank area (Gifnock exchange?) are Fibre First along with Bearsden and Ballieston.

Aye Pollok exchange, its a freaking ghost town out here, surrounded on all sides by FTTP builds of some sort, but nothing in the middle
Standard User Woolwich
(committed) Fri 13-Nov-20 22:21:29
Print Post

Aye Pollok exchange, its a freaking ghost town out here, surrounded on all sides by FTTP builds of some sort, but nothing in the middle

Not enough council buildings or big schools for the Cityfibre 'ring main' I'd say. Lots of tenements which I guess would be hard to connect up with a new fibre, maybe that also explains the lack of Virgin in the area.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to