General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jayutd123
(newbie) Fri 28-Aug-20 18:01:03
Print Post

Waiting for fibre for 2 months

[link to this post]

Hi all,
I'm in the process of moving to a new flat, I ordered talk talk fibre broadband (63-75mb) and was given the green light, i.e property can handle it, good estimated speeds etc.
4 days before the day they are meant to activate it, they advised I cant have fibre broadband and my order is being rejected due to " no DSLAM ports" . They advised me to find another company.

I went through the same process with Sky and they are now saying the same thing, except it keeps getting pushed back. 2 months later, still no update.

We cant get virgin in my area so this appears to be the only option. Open reach check online appears to FTTC and says there is no problem. I live in a block of flats, neighbours dont have any problem. Please can anyone advise? Should i quit and go with another open reach company?

We are working from home, so internet is a must, Hotspoting of my phone is unreliable.
Standard User gary333
(committed) Fri 28-Aug-20 18:06:08
Print Post

Re: Waiting for fibre for 2 months

[re: jayutd123] [link to this post]

If you put your details in here does it says "waiters list" or something similar?

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Edited by gary333 (Fri 28-Aug-20 18:06:25)

Standard User jayutd123
(newbie) Fri 28-Aug-20 18:49:49
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

Thank you Gary for your reply.

It says the following, some are items are available:

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date
High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 77 20 19 71.7 Available Available
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 80 74.1 20 19 67 Available Available
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 Available
WBC ADSL2+ Annex M Up to 17 Up to 1.5 10 to 19.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings Availability Date
VDSL Multicast Available
ADSL Multicast Available
FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Jan 2013. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

Thank you for your interest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jpm
(regular) Fri 28-Aug-20 19:03:02
Print Post

You've probably caught it at a time when there are spare ports, get your order in now
Standard User jayutd123
(newbie) Fri 28-Aug-20 19:32:27
Print Post

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

My order is already in, i placed it with sky 2 months ago and it’s still outstanding.
The check was the same then as well.

What specially am I looking for in that BT availability link? Is it FTTP? Because right at the bottom it says it not available
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Fri 28-Aug-20 19:36:50
Print Post

When you are talking about "fibre" I presume you mean "fibre to the cabinet / VSDL"

The bit of interest is

VDSL ... Available Available

which means you should be able to place an order for FTTC.

Are you *sure* your Sky order is still open? Talk to them about it. Or cancel it and order from somewhere else.
Standard User jayutd123
(newbie) Fri 28-Aug-20 19:52:56
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply, you’re correct, I mean fibre to cabinet.

Yes it’s still open, I spoke to them today. They said the issue is open reach, they contacted them and they said they will provide an update on the 1st September. This is the third tome they have done this.

I’ve already cancelled with one provider and gone with another (talk talk and then sky). I really don’t want to risk it by doing it again and then ending up further back in the queue.

Is there a safe way to try another provider without cancelling sky? Every isp (except virgin media) day fibre is available, but as a couple weeks after they signing up, they postpone and give me the capacity issue chat.
Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Fri 28-Aug-20 19:57:53
Print Post

Probably an issue in openreach availability data showing available ports but they are either non existent or there is an issue with them. Which cabinet is it?
Standard User jayutd123
(newbie) Fri 28-Aug-20 20:00:14
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

I’m not sure which cabinet it is to be honest, sorry. They said it is a green one lol?
How can I find out?
Standard User gary333
(committed) Fri 28-Aug-20 20:10:19
Print Post

It should be at the top of the page where you got the above fttc availability from smile

It’ll says something like “exchange adwick cabinet 3”
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to