General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 20-Sep-20 15:09:19
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk UFO install - access to telegraph pole?

[re: abigailk] [link to this post]

There seem to be two different live chat options, one on the UFO page and one on the check availability page at this moment in time the first is offline but the second is online and I have checked and there are agents ready to discuss.
Standard User Highland76
(member) Sun 20-Sep-20 15:10:57
Print Post

Try directly calling TalkTalk's Full Fibre team on 0800 049 6253 on Monday am and explain that you're unable to speak to someone in their UFO Dept. They might be able to help you themselves or at the very least transfer you directly to the UFO team without having to go through any menus. Also keep chasing Cityfibre for feedback, there's a good chance they'll put you in touch with the local planning/build manager who will be able to shed further light on any issues. Good luck!

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 20-Sep-20 16:14:47
Print Post

Ummm. Messy.

As you posted here, that TalkTalk forum didn't get you very far frown.

At this stage there isn't much you can do but make sure you occupy that parking space overnight and either move your car or put a notice on it in the morning before 7am. Then wait and see.

Edit:
A sudden other thought. The email address mentioned in the TT thread, is that the same address as you used with Fibre Nation when you ordered?

I'm not explaining myself very clearly, but what I'm trying to get at is whether you may in fact have two accounts at TalkTalk. A previous one, and one created by the Fibre Nation order. Them both being for your address, but with different email addresses, and that being how this "mismatch" is occurring.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
To argue with mindless bigots is foolish.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 20-Sep-20 16:23:56)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User abigailk
(newbie) Mon 21-Sep-20 12:37:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

As expected, the engineer this morning was a no-show and TalkTalk weren't reachable.

However, I did get a call earlier from a very helpful individual at CityFibre who told me the full story. Initially, these areas were due to be put live around now by FibreNation - after CityFibre bought FibreNation, they were planning on running two networks in parallel, the original CityFibre areas and the ex-FN areas.

They decided recently not to do this, and to replace equipment in the areas built out by FibreNation to match CityFibre, and integrate the two networks - there was something to do with removing Huawei kit involved too. Most cabinets in this area were then set in the database to "not released", but mine was missed and ended up as active and accepting orders on the TalkTalk checker, which led to the area receiving marketing bumf etc. When they started receiving orders from the area it was an "oh [censored]" moment and they quickly rejected/cancelled any orders that got put in.

The latest ETA for FTTP in this area is now the Christmas/New Year period, probably January. Mildly disappointing, but not the end of the world and I do now know what is going on! Thumbs up to FN/CityFibre for their very informative rep, thumbs down to TalkTalk for their hold music.
Standard User Highland76
(member) Mon 21-Sep-20 12:50:06
Print Post

I told you Cityfibre would clarify matters smile

Anyway at least you now know it’s a matter of ‘when’ not ‘if’ so it’s just a matter of waiting. I suspect TT weren’t able to tell you more as the info from CF & FN hadn’t filtered through properly.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Sep-20 17:04:40
Print Post

Glad you managed to find out what was going on, makes sense for them to integrate the two networks now rather than later. Hope you get connected once they have done the work.
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Sun 27-Sep-20 09:13:38
Print Post

You're famous! 🤩

Cityfibre Working to Replace Existing UK FibreNation FTTP Kit

But i think you're in Dewsbury rather than York?

The change was spotted after one of TalkTalk’s customers on TBB’s Forum, who was living in an area of York that had recently been covered by the UFO service, suddenly found that their order for the related full fibre package had been disrupted.

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to