General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User _Icaras_
(newbie) Mon 11-Jan-21 07:45:05
Print Post

Re: FTTP - Signs of Install Starting!

[re: kjwkjw] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kjwkjw:
Ah! Obviously more money to be made in contracting smile I guess BT need all the help they can get with the scale of their role out plans.

Surely most of Openreach’s FTTP build is done by contractors? Has been round here anyway, with just the occasional Openreach van popping up.

Icaras
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Mon 11-Jan-21 09:21:42
Print Post

[re: _Icaras_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by _Icaras_:
In reply to a post by kjwkjw:
Ah! Obviously more money to be made in contracting smile I guess BT need all the help they can get with the scale of their role out plans.

Surely most of Openreach’s FTTP build is done by contractors? Has been round here anyway, with just the occasional Openreach van popping up.

So far its been that same company I previously mentioned doing everything so looks that way.
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Mon 15-Feb-21 11:18:22
Print Post

Just to keep the timeline up to date, CBT's been in a month now but not live as yet...

Have seen plenty more being installed not just on my estate but further out into the area so I guess they are going for a big bang enablement rather than in bits smile

Hopefully not much longer!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 16-Feb-21 08:30:34
Print Post

I'm in the waiting game in my area. Openreach's contractors put in the ducting and installed the CBT's in the footway boxes a couple of weeks ago but according to the latest update Openreach are "fibering-up" an area 30 miles away at the moment.
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Thu 04-Mar-21 10:27:29
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

So nearly 2 months after all the CBT's were installed around my area, no signs of go live as yet frown Anyone in the know aware of any hold ups with the build in Minster (Sheppey) or is it just one of those things smile

We are a fibre village area and they have done a lot of work in the area so was thinking they may use this to bump the numbers for their March deadline... we will see.
Standard User djb61
(newbie) Thu 04-Mar-21 11:07:39
Print Post

I'm in the same situation in Stratford upon Avon, the CBTs went in the underground chambers in October 2020. Some roadworks appeared for 4th Feb to unblock a duct on the main road back to the aggregation node (the local council restricts works on that road for Christmas between November and January).
They were back on the estate testing something in the chambers on 5th or 6th Feb. I thought at that point it wouldn't be long before it was enabled (another retrofit newish build estate in Stratford went live in January) but now a month later still nothing. No planned works visible on one.network either.
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Thu 04-Mar-21 11:12:57
Print Post

[re: djb61] [link to this post]

I did email into Openreach as they are the ones who originally said by March 2021, but not come back to me... probably got bored with me keep emailing them smile

I have been monitoring the progress like a hawk and my new build estate had guys here throughout January doing CBT's and running fibre for the splitters etc (all underground)

Another area up the road is all pole mounted HW and again all the splitters and CBT's have been installed for a while.

Guess either work in the exchange or the spine cabling is holding up progress potentially.

If anyone in the know has some info ill buy you a beer or 2 tongue

Edited by kjwkjw (Thu 04-Mar-21 11:15:24)

Standard User frod1
(regular) Thu 04-Mar-21 13:37:23
Print Post

Try asking them on Twitter smile
Standard User andynormancx
(committed) Thu 04-Mar-21 14:39:17
Print Post

There are several areas around here where some fibre infrastructure was in place a couple of years ago, yet they've still not actually installed any fibre to the houses. It can some times take a very long time frown
Standard User slimj
(committed) Thu 04-Mar-21 14:46:00
Print Post

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andynormancx:
There are several areas around here where some fibre infrastructure was in place a couple of years ago, yet they've still not actually installed any fibre to the houses. It can some times take a very long time frown

They normally only run cables to the pole/chambers. It's only run to houses upon order for FTTP service.

Have you checked to see whether it can be ordered in any of these locations?
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to