General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User djb61
(newbie) Fri 05-Mar-21 12:28:12
Print Post

Re: FTTP - Signs of Install Starting!

[re: djb61] [link to this post]

Finally something new this morning. I spotted one man in an Openreach van going around and taking a quick look in each of the underground chambers on the estate.
This is the first time there has been an actual Openreach van here, all the work until now has been contractors (MAP Group).
I'm hoping this is Openreach doing an inspection/signoff for the contractors work and therefore it might get enabled shortly, assuming they spotted no problems.
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Fri 05-Mar-21 14:42:29
Print Post

Nice, I assume that is what I am waiting for as well.

I did see someone at an aggregation node that serves my new build estate splicing away today and roadworks.org has them scheduled there from yesterday until Saturday evening, hopefully connected.

In other news has anyone else noticed roadworks.org no longer gives any detail? i.e. I can see Openreach have work ongoing but not what they are doing.... shame as it was a good way to track progress.
Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Mar-21 15:02:41
Print Post

[re: kjwkjw] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kjwkjw:
In other news has anyone else noticed roadworks.org no longer gives any detail? i.e. I can see Openreach have work ongoing but not what they are doing.... shame as it was a good way to track progress.

I noticed that too. Even council work doesn't say what they're doing any more.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User threelegs
(member) Fri 05-Mar-21 15:26:48
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

one network who do the roadworks data says the lack of detail is to do with data protection!!!!!!???
Standard User Pheasant
(experienced) Fri 05-Mar-21 15:58:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by candlerb:
In reply to a post by kjwkjw:

I noticed that too. Even council work doesn't say what they're doing any more.

Yes all changed a few weeks ago as the DfT change the rules big time...

https://onenetworkhq.medium.com/street-manager-what-...

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Mar-21 20:48:38
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Pheasant:

What they're really saying is "our business model requires more people to pay for subscription access".

If it were truly about data protection, then it wouldn't matter whether you were a paying customer. They'd either be allowed to share the data, or not.
Standard User Pheasant
(experienced) Fri 05-Mar-21 21:14:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by candlerb:
In reply to a post by Pheasant:

What they're really saying is "our business model requires more people to pay for subscription access".

If it were truly about data protection, then it wouldn't matter whether you were a paying customer. They'd either be allowed to share the data, or not.

It’s going “closed shop”. To get the dirt about the dirt you need to be an employee of a street works approved contractor.

To me it read like there was simply too much good publicly accessible info out there to hang people on. IYSWIM.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User djb61
(newbie) Thu 11-Mar-21 10:32:48
Print Post

I had MAP group contractors back in the chambers on Monday, presumably the Openreach inspection found some things that needed addressing.
Overnight the wholesale checker has updated the FTTPoD speed from 330/30 to 1000/220 which from other threads here sounds like it can be a sign that FTTP will be enabled shortly, I'm hoping it is close now.
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Thu 11-Mar-21 17:01:57
Print Post

Yep! Sounds like it wont be long before you can order. Still hoping mine will change one day haha.

They are putting up more and more CBT's, but nothing yet live in my estate or a number of others in the area that I know have had the kit installed this year.

To be honest I am just glad I know the kit is there, at least means its coming rather than sometime before 20xx? smile
Standard User djb61
(newbie) Sat 13-Mar-21 13:00:09
Print Post

[re: kjwkjw] [link to this post]

Yes it looks like the speed change on FTTPoD was a reliable indicator, it switched over to WBC FTTP available overnight, so 48 hours after the FTTPoD speed updated to 1000/220.
I've just placed an order with Zen for their 900mbit (I am on Zen FTTC currently), won't get an install date until Monday though due to it being a weekend.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to