General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Sat 13-Mar-21 13:56:50
Print Post

Re: FTTP - Signs of Install Starting!

[re: djb61] [link to this post]

djb61

Drop Mr Saffron a PM / E-mail with some sample Post codes in so that he can find the new area and update the map.

Thanks
Standard User djb61
(newbie) Sat 13-Mar-21 14:47:29
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

E-mail sent.

It seems despite Zen saying I wouldn't get an install date until Monday that they were wrong, I got an e-mail a little earlier with an install date of 29th March so a pretty decent turnaround.
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Sat 13-Mar-21 15:42:17
Print Post

Nice one! Not a bad install date either considering all the delays of late. Will likely be going with Zen myself, hopefully not much longer and I can post the same smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jimbof
(regular) Sat 13-Mar-21 16:27:28
Print Post

Very quick turnaround. I ordered beginning of Feb and it's only going to be done at the beginning of May.
Standard User djb61
(newbie) Fri 19-Mar-21 17:08:09
Print Post

My install was down as a 1 stage install for the 29th but this afternoon I had an Openreach engineer call at the door. He said that as we were the first to order he had come out to run the feed from the chamber in advance and to double check everything was working right, light check on the fibre etc.
It seems despite the contractors coming back to resolve stuff after the last openreach check that everything still wasn't right. He didn't say what was wrong just that there was a problem in the chamber but he was here a couple of hours and I saw the cover was off the splitter trays when he was working in the chamber.
Apparently everything is sorted now and I have a coil of fibre outside where the duct comes up so fingers crossed the install should be nice and simple in a week or so.
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Sat 20-Mar-21 14:04:44
Print Post

Nice! Getting very close for you now.

Still no change here as far as being able to order goes, however they have had people here this week rodding and roping all the ducts to the individual houses!

I guess to make life easier for the installs when the time comes, CBT's, Splitters all connected and now blue rope to every house! Cant be much longer surely smile
Standard User Riding_my_bike
(newbie) Wed 24-Mar-21 11:35:29
Print Post

My cul de sac (RH194TJ) had O.R. lay fibre back in Aug 2020 as I saw them lifting each cover along road and pulling through fibre. Unfortunatley 7 months later still only able to order FTTC .
I cycle around town frequently to try and keep fit and notice that O.R are busy doing work in most parts of the town and strangely those areas served by Telegraph pole which I saw them marking as Fibre enabled with yellow markers back in Dec 2020 are alreay able to order FTTP yet my estate and others in town when I look at BT Wholesale checker can not.

Is it easier to install Fibre in areas served via Tegraph poles rather than areas who have a duct from BT chamber to their premises?
Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Mar-21 13:47:30
Print Post

[re: Riding_my_bike] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Riding_my_bike:
Is it easier to install Fibre in areas served via Tegraph poles rather than areas who have a duct from BT chamber to their premises?

It can be, especially when the lead-in from the chamber to the premise is via direct-buried cable, rather than in a duct. Openreach have been known to install new poles in that situation.

Also, the fibre that you saw being pulled between chambers might not have been intended to serve the properties in that area. It might be a spine connection to serve another area, or even for a leased line (which is completely separate from the FTTP network).
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Wed 24-Mar-21 13:52:24
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Is it unusual for night work on deployments?

I took the dog for a walk around 1900 yesterday and there was a guy working in the pitch black splicing fibre with just a head torch at one of the local aggregation nodes.

Imagine my surprise when I took the dog out again in the morning at 0630 to find him still there splicing away!

Glad to witness more progress, but cant imagine splicing in the dark over night is an easy job to be undertaking.
Standard User Riding_my_bike
(newbie) Wed 24-Mar-21 14:22:27
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Thanks for reply. They were doing the surrounding roads to the north and west on the same day all of which are cul de sac type roads so am hopeful it was to serve the local houses.
The whole town is part of the Fibre first delivery albeit I am sure its a huge undertaking to roll out.

It's just very noticeable how quicker the 1/3rd of the town served via poles is being rolled out and lit up via BT WHoleseale chekcer and the slower progress (less visable to be fair) for the other 2/3rd
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to