General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User witchunt
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Mar-21 15:32:59
Print Post

Re: FTTP - Signs of Install Starting!

[re: kjwkjw] [link to this post]

Is it unusual for night work on deployments?

Not at all unusual
Standard User RR_The_IT_Guy
(newbie) Wed 24-Mar-21 15:58:59
Print Post

[re: kjwkjw] [link to this post]

Its definitely common I have seen them at midnight outside my house pulling fibre from the town centre in St Neots (Fibre First) past my house to a surrounding village.
Good news for those in the area I spoke to Clive Selley (Openreach CEO) he says that my end of the town is going to be finished before september 2022 so often when you see them do it once they often come back soon after.

I would be more concerned if i saw Virgin Media undertaking work at night as last time they did they disconnected everything and left it for three weeks and went off. when they came back they were like oh seems we forgot to re connect the cab feeds. You can imagine how my street reacted to hearing that statement

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping
Standard User dect
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Mar-21 16:58:29
Print Post

[re: RR_The_IT_Guy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RR_The_IT_Guy:
I spoke to Clive Selley (CEO of openreach) Last week
Clive Selley (Openreach CEO) emailed me last week
Clive Selley thinks it will be here in September 2022
Clive Selley is my savour when he emailed back
I spoke to Clive Selley (Openreach CEO)
Wow, how is Clive? please send my regards next time you speak with him.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Wed 24-Mar-21 17:22:10
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

I only spoke to him once and it was in regards to the Fibre First St Neots Roll out for my area in particular, its not a regular thing so i don't feel i will be able to do that until there is a major issue that his team cannot resolve or unless there is a delay to find out why.

Sorry to let you down there I won't be able to help you however if you have any issues or the openreach team don't answer back please feel free to email him and he will either call or email you back but please don't do this unnecessarily people I feel like he's busy enough without an extra few hundred emails.

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping
Standard User Pheasant
(experienced) Wed 24-Mar-21 17:38:05
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Given RR doesn't have any services with Openreach, the flurry of phone calls and emails within the week from Clive is an impressive achievement indeed!

Now how about that Mike Fries chap and that problematic VM service...perhaps a few tweets and calls wouldn't go astray 😎

My Broadband Speed Test
(newbie) Wed 24-Mar-21 17:59:10
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

Yeah I tweeted more times than i can count and always get told many things that are completely unrealted.
also for the record a VM Man in a van turned up today at the Node and he told me he was checking it out for the fibre upgrade. Finally some good news. He then tells me 19-20Th next month for the actual fix date as he said its him doing the job.

I have quoted what i said elsewhere incase i missed anything.

Hi again
Just gone some good news, VM were just in my node and told me that they did not know of the problem however they are upgrading capacity and might be suppling the Gig1 service in my area if they are able to.

They told me it will be upgraded on the 19th and 20th 100% by that particular engineer. He said he did not know of an issue in the area however I can tell you what he said he was doing the problem should be fixed and will bring newer and quicker services for the future if they are doing a full upgrade.

Let's hope it helps with half the issue. then they might let me get an engineer to fix the other issue.

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping
Standard User Whitehall11
(regular) Wed 24-Mar-21 21:20:43
Print Post

[re: RR_The_IT_Guy] [link to this post]

Interesting you got a call from the big man, i thought it was the exec complaints team who handle his email and he uses a different internal one.
Standard User branflakes
(newbie) Wed 24-Mar-21 21:28:35
Print Post

[re: Whitehall11] [link to this post]

Public figures almost ALWAYS have one public-facing email address, and another they actually use internally. Ministers are the same - one inbox firstname.lastname[at]department.gov.uk and then another which officials can send stuff to them for their offices to flag and put into a specific folder.

If Clive is getting back to RR then great, but I sense it may be the complaints team just using that mailbox. I've been a Minister before when covering in private office in my government department so... I doubt there was direct dialogue with him.

I like my internet how I like my breakfast cereal...

VM 1000/50.

Edited by branflakes (Wed 24-Mar-21 21:34:21)

(newbie) Wed 24-Mar-21 22:12:07
Print Post

[re: Whitehall11] [link to this post]

I mean before i sent an email to him i did also email a few of my contacts all over the country some at samknows, ofcom, connecting cambridgeshire amongst others to also email Openreach asking for direct communication from the top as all the other teams there were unhelpful and were not answering questions so i feel like that was part of it.
That and the email i sent basically stated that my whole area were interested in full fibre without the added cost of a community fibre partnership as i stated how it was commercially viable for them to upgrade the area also stating that all the virgin media customers in my area want to go to FTTP with cityfibre or openreach so there is a clear interest there

My contact at openreach and the other who works in placement of phone masts told me they had a discussion up the chain lets say stating my points how how it was imperative that Openreach acted as they had already lost the majority of customers and that those left were going to go to virgin media when they upgraded the node and cabs as per the planned work later next month according to Virgin Man In a Van (a cityfibre customer as virgin is too slow and unreliable he says, the best thing i heard this month).
I feel like the chances it was Clive are quite high from calling a few favours from various people. I know the response was not the type of response openreach higher complaints usually do it seemed quite different and in some sense sounded more true, I have experienced the different complaints teams before and it really was not the default email that others i know have had so i'll leave it for you to decide but calling in these favours did get me in touch with a lot of high up people in the past so its very possible.

But again as i said down to you to decide I always contact my people first before any teams as i would usually get a better response however this was not the case in this.

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping
(newbie) Wed 24-Mar-21 22:14:12
Print Post

[re: branflakes] [link to this post]

I'll let you read what i responded to the over post as it is directly related to this.

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to