General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rainbowfountains
(newbie) Wed 07-Oct-20 12:26:56
Print Post

Neighbours get superfast fibre 2 and I don’t?

[link to this post]

I’m in the process of buying a terrace house in Hampshire, it’s one of a dozen built in the mid 90s, other properties on the same road and nearby are much older.

I’ve run a check at broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com and it says I’m on fibre 1, max speed of 36mbps, meanwhile all my terrace neighbours, and all the other neighbours on my road in all directions (and slightly further away in very old isolated cottages) are on fibre 2 with max speed of 80mpbs.

It also says we’re connected to the same exchange and same cabinet, and apart from the speed all other data is the same. Screenshots of my results and their’s available HERE

What gives? Shouldn’t I have the same potential speeds as all my neighbours? My house is attached to theirs, and every other property on this road has up to 80mbps. Do you think this could be a database error, or is there something physically wrong with my line?

extra info: I haven’t moved into the property yet so the tests I can run are limited, the current owner performed a speed test for me and so did their immediate neighbours (super fast) and they both came up around 33mbps, I imagine neither of them are paying for a particularly fast internet package as they’re not heavy users, but I am as several members of my household all work from home.

Edited by rainbowfountains (Wed 07-Oct-20 12:37:24)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 07-Oct-20 12:44:06
Print Post

Closed

[re: rainbowfountains] [link to this post]

Closing this thread as there is another on same topic already with replies at

https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/t/4660657-...

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to