General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User imnotarobotstill
(newbie) Sat 07-Nov-20 18:23:02
Print Post

Re: Cerberus FTTP, anyone else having issues?

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
In reply to a post by imnotarobotstill:
Although my nat router doesn't even support ipv6, so it's not really an issue.

What model of router, out of interest?

It's a Technicolor TG582n running 8.4.4.J.AM firmware.
I use it because it has an excellent configurable firewall that can be driven from the CLI, and not some limited, buggy, tick a box, GUI.
I tried another one with the v.10 firmware that does do ipv6, but I couldn't get on with it for some reason, so swapped back to this one, until I find time to fiddle with the other one some more.

Does everyone have to fill in ten different captcha s to post on here, or is it just me?
Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Nov-20 18:32:13
Print Post

[re: imnotarobotstill] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
What model of router, out of interest?

It's a Technicolor TG582n running 8.4.4.J.AM firmware.

Interesting. That was the old router Plusnet supplied to me years ago, but I sent it back for recycling when they sent me a new Sagem router (which I also don't want or use, but keep so that I can plug it in if there's a line fault).

Does everyone have to fill in ten different captcha s to post on here, or is it just me?

I get one very rarely. Have you blocked cookies?
Standard User imnotarobotstill
(newbie) Sat 07-Nov-20 20:33:02
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

No, I have cookies, I never have captchas on BQM page, just the forum.
It wouldn't be so bad if I could see them, but the quality of the pictures reminds me of 8 bit gifs from a zx81, and they are so small I can barely make out what is a bus or a lorry.
It's not like there's one to fill in, it's a seemingly endless stream of them; I tried counting one time, but lost count after 8 or so because a tractor went past and broke my concentration.
As I'm typing this, the "I'm not a robot" box is sat at the bottom of the screen waiting for me to tick the damn box frown

I've managed to half the number of captchas by skipping the post preview step and just going direct to post, not ideal, but I've got better things to do with my time than clicking sidewalks, bicycles, traffic lights, crosswalks, cars, fire hydrants, boats, busses and trucks!

So the first one is click the parking meter, someone's having a laugh.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E300
(member) Mon 09-Nov-20 17:00:00
Print Post

[re: lincsat] [link to this post]

Be interested to hear how you get on with Trunk Networks.

Do we know what backhaul Cerberus have us on?
Standard User E300
(member) Mon 09-Nov-20 17:01:14
Print Post

[re: imnotarobotstill] [link to this post]

Never any Captchas here either now, but I did to start with, think as time goes by you become a trusted user and the Captchas go.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 10-Nov-20 00:55:26
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

Isn't it BT Wholesale?
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 10-Nov-20 05:40:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by E300:
Do we know what backhaul Cerberus have us on?

I believe all their FTTPoD customers are on BT Wholesale backhaul.

They also use Talktalk Business backhaul for other services.

https://www.cerberusnetworks.co.uk/connectivity

Broadband
From ADSL to Bonded FTTC, G.Fast and Gigabit FTTP, Cerberus provides an industry-leading suite or suite of business-ready broadband services based on nationwide networks from BT and TalkTalk Business. From home workers to SMEs, our broadband services provide fast, affordable connectivity across the UK.
Standard User E300
(member) Tue 10-Nov-20 08:23:58
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info, just wanted to know because I'm thinking of switching to IDNet, they have a 1000/115 product for a bit cheaper than the Cerberus 450/75 so gets me a nice boost to upload speeds. Their backhaul I believe is Zen, TalkTalk or BT Wholesale. Just keen to avoid Zen from past experience and wondered if I might already be on Zen backhaul with Cerberus. Not sure if I can specify a backhaul preference with IDNet?

Given the recent issues with Cerberus (not really fixed for me as I'm on the other gateway still with less than stellar IPv6 performance) and the struggle it seemed to get them to accept there was this ongoing issue (thank goodness for this forum and strength in numbers), I'm not sure it is worth paying a premium for.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 10-Nov-20 08:39:01
Print Post

Maybe given IDNet a call and see if another backhaul is an option. I imagine TalkTalk Business isn't an option yet, mainly because I don't think they sell the 1000/115 package (yet?). I've had some troubling experiences with Zen's backhaul too so I don't blame you for wanting to avoid that. Then again BT Wholesale might be the only option they currently use for FTTP 1000/115.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 10-Nov-20 08:44:54
Print Post

It's definitely worth asking them.
A few of the smaller ISP's do indeed let you choose which backhaul provider you're provisioned on. Some even let you switch between them mid contract.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to