General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 03-Nov-20 11:15:46
Print Post

Re: Cerberus FTTP, anyone else having issues?

[re: brookheather] [link to this post]

Same here, virtually stopped me using the internet. seems to be an ongoing problem.
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 11:17:36
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

Special? Hmmm yeah I’m not so sure about that smile

Just fired up a BQM on the ‘secondary’ gateway:

“Secondary” Gateway 46.37.56.2
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

“Primary” Gateway 46.37.48.1
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...
Standard User E300
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 11:19:35
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

Seems quite bad this one. Think I might need to cancel a video call at 11:30, it just doesn't look good when I work in IT and my video or audio keeps dropping out. frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 03-Nov-20 11:25:56
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

Yeah I can imagine, thankfully no meetings scheduled here at the moment. I've officially opened a ticket so I'll see what they come back with. I've pointed them to my BQM graph and the forum thread.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 03-Nov-20 13:03:30
Print Post

Just had a full outage for a few minutes, a reboot of the EdgeRouter resolved it though. I'm on gateway 46.37.56.2 now.
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Tue 03-Nov-20 13:06:05
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

Pheasant

If it is what I suspect I know how to find it BUT it can be long winded.

Each card on the router needs to be taken OOS whilst monitoring for 2 hours. If/when fault repeats put that card back IS and take the next OOS. Repeat for all cards in the routing until you find the dodgy one. IF you are lucky the first card will be the dodgy one if not so lucky the dodgy card will be it's resilient pair and you will lose service completely until you return the OOS card to service BUT you then know which card to replace.

People don't like to do it as you have a risk of a service break.

If left, eventually the dodgy card will break terminally and you find your fault.

I once was tracking a similar fault when it disappeared and I noticed a router card had gone faulty and the fault reported as "not service affecting" as the resilient card took over. Cured the issue I was looking at instantly! ( Try explaining that to a senior manager!)
Standard User E300
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 13:17:42
Print Post

Wonder if they are dropping the PPP to force us to connect back up to the other gateway, and are moving people across one by one? Although you'd think they'd check first or do it out of hours, so maybe it was something else that caused your disconnection and we are getting the other gateway on the next PPP session?

When I finish work I will drop the PPP and reconnect and see if I get the other gateway as well.

Edit, have the answer, they are disconnecting us and so forcing a new PPP, it has just happen to me now and my gateway is 46.37.56.2. I suspect your Edgerouter didn't take kindly to the drop and so didn't restart PPP, but on pfSense it was pretty seamless.

Edited by E300 (Tue 03-Nov-20 13:21:00)

Standard User JonRennie
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Nov-20 13:22:26
Print Post

[re: JonRennie] [link to this post]

I have been seeing pretty much the same as the other posters with improved performance but still not as clean as it was before last Friday.

I have just had my PPP session drop and re-establish via the different gateway - 46.37.56.2, this happened at 13:14:08, will keep an eye on performance.

Performance before (and after) the drop was fine; so I would suspect that Cerberus dropped the session deliberately.

wink Comms is hard wink
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 03-Nov-20 13:36:09
Print Post

[re: JonRennie] [link to this post]

Intermittent Latency Issue
Posted 03-11-2020 12:59:52
We are aware that some of our customers are still experiencing intermittent latency on their connections. We have narrowed down the issue and our team are working on resolving this as an urgent priority.

We are also taking interim steps to mitigate the impact of the wider issue.

We apologise for the inconvenience. Further updates will follow as they become available.

Also had a response to my ticket telling me they are aware of this issue and are working on it. Sounds hopeful.

In reply to a post by E300:
Wonder if they are dropping the PPP to force us to connect back up to the other gateway, and are moving people across one by one? Although you'd think they'd check first or do it out of hours, so maybe it was something else that caused your disconnection and we are getting the other gateway on the next PPP session?

When I finish work I will drop the PPP and reconnect and see if I get the other gateway as well.

Edit, have the answer, they are disconnecting us and so forcing a new PPP, it has just happen to me now and my gateway is 46.37.56.2. I suspect your Edgerouter didn't take kindly to the drop and so didn't restart PPP, but on pfSense it was pretty seamless.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, strange though as a script should run in the event of a PPP drop. Oh well, if it happens again I'll have to look into why that's not being handled by the EdgeRouter.

Edited by Ixel (Tue 03-Nov-20 13:37:43)

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-Nov-20 13:39:15
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

This looks like it could be more than a single faulty card.

Every Cerberus customer on here (excluding candlerb) appears to be suffering from this.

Cerberus have reiterated numerous times this affects a small section of their user base but this thread suggests the opposite.
Unless of course it's a huge coincidence that all the active Cerberus posters on this forum are all on the defective kit.

Cerberus don't appear to have diagnostics/monitoring in place to pick this up or they wouldn't have tried to insist the issue is resolved.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to