General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User E300
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 16:15:38
Print Post

Re: Cerberus FTTP, anyone else having issues?

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

What is going on with Cerberus? I'm not sure if this is another problem with Cerberus or something local to me.

Seeing everyone's well behaved graphs since the gateway change, I've been watching mine, whilst no repeat of the high latency issues since the change of gateway, look at the general jitter (yellow) on my chart with a step change to being worse after the gateway switch, not exactly stellar performance is it and so different to everyone else's. The IPv6 BQM prior to all this was absolutely fine.

IPv6 BQM
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

So I thought lets set up a BQM to my IPv4 address, and as can be seen this looks perfect matching everyone elses.

IPv4 BQM
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

So I now have generally poor performing IPv6 which looks very much like congestion whilst IPv4 is completely the opposite. Could someone else setup a IPv6 BQM to see if they get the same thing?

Edited by E300 (Tue 03-Nov-20 16:19:16)

Standard User JonRennie
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Nov-20 16:22:05
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

Since my gateway change it's looking normal on both IPv4 and IPv6 - both BQMs have been running all through and have followed each other exactly - ie. the problem appears to be lower down the stack.

To me it looks to be resolved (for my link) since the gateway move but I will keep my ticket open for another 24 hours.

wink Comms is hard wink

Edited by JonRennie (Tue 03-Nov-20 16:23:10)

Standard User brookheather
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 16:22:35
Print Post

Yes same here - IPv6 BQM is showing continuous high latency whereas IPv4 is perfectly flat as expected.

Cerberus FTTP + pfSense + UniFi nanoHD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E300
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 16:31:31
Print Post

[re: brookheather] [link to this post]

Thanks for the confirmation, so something again Cerberus side.

I wonder if this is because more people are on this gateway and more traffic is IPv6 than IPv4 and it's not coping too well? Seems unlikely IPv6 traffic would be so much more.

I also notice single thread speed test is lower and more variable now on IPv6 than IPv4, nothing terrible, but this gateway switch seems to have introduced it's own issues.

Guess we need to wait until we hear the original problem is fixed and presumably we switch back for normal service to be resumed.

Edited by E300 (Tue 03-Nov-20 16:32:21)

Standard User Pheasant
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 17:27:09
Print Post

I had a long conversation with Syed Qayum in their networks team this morning and am holding my ticket open until my service including baseline ping time is restored to its previous level before the fault occurred.

I’m led to understand the second gateway is an interim measure until they resolve the root cause affecting the primary gateway.

Edit: I did also mention that their wider comms and status update on the issue, could be vastly improved and he took that onboard and assured me they this issue was now front and centre and they were focussed on getting it resolved.

I’ve seen an update now been posted on their service status page, mid day today, perhaps a coincidence...

https://www.cerberusnetworks.co.uk/support/service-s...

Edited by Pheasant (Tue 03-Nov-20 17:36:55)

Standard User E300
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 17:45:59
Print Post

Thanks again for following this up for us and the updates. Do they know their interim measure is atrocious with IPv6 that's not really proving much of an improvement, but its fantastic at old school IPv4, definitely a Jekyll and Hyde of a gateway this stand in.

Lets hope they find the cause soon.
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 17:51:00
Print Post

Apologies no I can’t tell you for certain they do, as I spoke to him around 11:45 this morning while on site, and wasn’t aware then of the ipv6 issues on the replacement gateway...
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 03-Nov-20 18:11:03
Print Post

The service status update occurred a few minutes after I had a reply to my new ticket this morning, possibly a coincidence but either way I'm optimistic this will be resolved soon.
Standard User E300
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 18:43:15
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

There is another update on the service status page:

We will be carrying out maintenance on the network to resolve the latency issues that some clients using broadband services are experiencing. The work will be conducted at the following date and time:

Wednesday 04/11/2020 04:00AM 05:00AM

So sounds like they have found the problem or think they have, guess we will find out tomorrow, fingers crossed.
Standard User imnotarobotstill
(newbie) Tue 03-Nov-20 19:03:28
Print Post

I just filled in a million captchas to create an account so that I could reply to this thread.

Yes, I'm with Cerberus and my FTTP started with the high latency and packet loss for a couple of hours, followed by an OK period of the same kind of length before repeating constantly.

I didn't raise a ticket because I thought it was being caused by idiots trying to brute force my SMTP. It began @ 10am last Thursday and peaked over the weekend. It's still a bit ropey now, but nothing like as bad as it was.
BQM
So add me to the list of affected customers.
I setup a BQM on 46.37.32.22 and it wasn't suffering at all, which convinced me it was the Russians hammering my mailserver that was causing it.
I checked the Cerberus network status page and there was no mention of any problems, again reinforcing my beliefs.
I'm glad it isn't just me being plagued by some bored hackers, and if it flares up again, I'll be raising a ticket.

Edited by imnotarobotstill (Tue 03-Nov-20 19:07:16)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to