General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User E300
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 19:29:31
Print Post

Re: Cerberus FTTP, anyone else having issues?

[re: imnotarobotstill] [link to this post]

This is the reason timely updates to service status pages are really important, hopefully Cerberus will be a bit more pro-active next time. I actually did think the same as you initially in that perhaps I was being hit by a denial of service attack so was pleased others reported the exact same thing when I put up the post.

Thanks for adding your experience to the thread, keep checking here tomorrow to see if it is fixed.
Standard User E300
(member) Wed 04-Nov-20 09:26:54
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

Cerberus have updated their status page with the following:

The maintenance planned this morning was successfully carried out.

However, after further observation, there is still evidence of some sporadic latency on the network affecting some users. We therefore continue to work on isolating and fixing the outstanding issues.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this disruption to normal service.

So still appears the gremlin is hanging on in there. I bet when they find the faulty bit of kit someone gives it a kickingsmile
Standard User shortshrift27
(newbie) Wed 04-Nov-20 10:21:09
Print Post

It's worse this morning than before!

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E300
(member) Wed 04-Nov-20 10:39:14
Print Post

[re: shortshrift27] [link to this post]

Have you raised a ticket? I think most of us here have been moved to a different gateway, so perhaps they have only moved those that have raised a ticket?

The gateway most of us here seem to have been moved to is 46.37.56.2, its excellent on IPv4 but IPv6 leaves a lot to be desired but at least doesn't have the huge swings like they are trying to fix.
(learned) Wed 04-Nov-20 10:44:12
Print Post

I was trying to avoid raising another ticket as I already have two ongoing issues (sigh), so I switched back to BT FTTC assuming that this would be relatively quickly resolved for everybody. Not a good assumption, it turns out...
Standard User E300
(member) Wed 04-Nov-20 11:36:26
Print Post

Worth keeping an eye on your chart as there is a further update which hopefully has sorted it this time.

After further troubleshooting, we have made progress diagnosing the source of the intermittent latency issue and have implemented an interim solution. We will continue to monitor network performance closely to confirm that this has been effective.

We will be performing further non-service-affecting maintenance later today that should provide a permanent fix.

I read that as they are pretty sure they have found the faulty part and removed it from the equation and if all is okay they know what they need to replace.
(learned) Wed 04-Nov-20 11:39:05
Print Post

Thanks for the update. Let's hope. Looking forward to seeing a flat sea of green and the end of this chapter!
Standard User tdw42
(member) Wed 04-Nov-20 12:42:54
Print Post

One connection on 46.37.56.2 since 06:23 this morning. The other still on 46.37.48.1 since 04:31 after a PPPoE session drop lasting around 8 minutes.

Still seeing bursts of bad latency on both, appears to be worse on the connection using the original gateway.
(learned) Wed 04-Nov-20 14:19:59
Print Post

[re: tdw42] [link to this post]

Bad one just now on my connection (latency + dropped packets) and also showing on the monitor that was set up on the gateway 46.37.48.1:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

I am also now speaking with support on this. Hadn't expected it to rumble on for a week (well, a week come tomorrow).
Standard User E300
(member) Wed 04-Nov-20 14:30:36
Print Post

Yes does seem to be another bad blip although doesn't follow the same pattern we've seen before where it's stuck around for 30+ minutes, so they might just be running some tests or switching things in and out. Having said that it's not good if they are doing tests with customers on the connection during the working day. Maybe they can swap you to the other gateway the rest of us are on?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to