General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User E300
(member) Wed 11-Nov-20 14:11:51
Print Post

Re: Cerberus FTTP, anyone else having issues?

[re: lincsat] [link to this post]

Yes IPv4 is fine, just IPv6 showing what appears to be a capacity issue.

Do let us know how you get on with Trunk Networks. I was looking at their products, the only negative for me is the 24 month contract.
Standard User E300
(member) Wed 11-Nov-20 17:16:06
Print Post

[re: brookheather] [link to this post]

Not sure if anyone knows...

My first year of FTTPoD with Cerberus is up at the end of December. I'm keen to try and migrate to another supplier before the end date just to avoid Christmas/bank holidays should I get any issues.

So if I buy FTTP with another supplier a couple of weeks before my year is up, does this cause any particular issue? I know I would lose a couple of weeks with Cerberus and need to pay the whole of the final month regardless, but given it would still technically be in the first year of being FTTPoD by a couple of weeks, I wondered if a migration would be blocked because of that, or is it already considered native FTTP?
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Wed 11-Nov-20 17:35:50
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

You can migrate anytime on a FoD service, whether on day 1 or day 365 of your 12 month min term, as long as you pay off any remaining days or months if applicable. Migrating at the end of your eleventh month is probably the sensible thing to do.

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pheasant
(member) Wed 11-Nov-20 18:04:54
Print Post

[re: lincsat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsat:
I got moved to the 46.37.48.1 gateway Yesterday and my IPv4 has been great ever since. I haven't reactivated IPv6 yet as due to migrate to Trunk Tomorrow.

Been asked by Cerberus Support this afternoon if its OK to close my ticket. I said not yet, at least until I'm returned to gateway .48.1 and my baseline ping on IPv4 returns to what it had been prior to the incident and I see 72 hours of stable service.

As they've just postponed the planned changes now until Saturday 14/11, going to keep my ticket open until Tuesday/Wednesday of the following week and see where stuff is at.
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Thu 12-Nov-20 16:09:28
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

They've dropped me back to the initial gateway now. Loh and behold my minimum baseline pings have step changed back to where they were before all this.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

I'll keep any eye on things, but will look to close the ticket in 72 hours if all is stable.
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Thu 12-Nov-20 16:23:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by brookheather:
I was moved back to the 46.37.48.1 gateway a few days ago and my IPv6 BQM is still showing bad latency between 8am and midnight. My IPv4 BQM is perfectly fine. I haven't noticed any real world latency issues but I still have an open ticket with Cerberus.

In reply to a post by E300:
Yes IPv4 is fine, just IPv6 showing what appears to be a capacity issue.

Do let us know how you get on with Trunk Networks. I was looking at their products, the only negative for me is the 24 month contract.

Cerberus are claiming as of 8:40 this morning, that they only have 2 open tickets on the IPv6 issue - not that this is any measure of how widespread the problem necessary is:

"We have till now received only 2 Ipv6 report for erratic ping/latency. We had discussed this with Network team and couldn’t find any specific issues for Ipv6. Still, will double check and update further. Also, will update once gateway is changed back to primary gateway (46.37.48.1)."

Hopefully any changes made this Saturday can resolve this for you guys.
Standard User E300
(member) Thu 12-Nov-20 16:56:50
Print Post

@Phesant I've not specifically opened a ticket about the IPv6 issue, but same high latency peaks and generally seems to be congestion given how flat it goes overnight. IPv4 remains flat.

IPv6 Latency

I'm leaving Cerberus in the next few weeks hence not raised it as an issue, but the fact they are happy for even a couple of people to be seeing high latency on IPv6 and themselves don't find any issue (well look a bit harder then) is one of the reasons I'm not staying with them. Hopefully whatever is planned for the weekend fixes it.
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Mon 16-Nov-20 12:45:32
Print Post

I closed my ticket this morning. All looked good and stable, at least on IPv4, back on the original gateway this last 72+ hours.
Standard User E300
(member) Mon 16-Nov-20 13:12:23
Print Post

That's good news. I didn't see any sign of changes over the weekend here, still on the 46.37.56.2 gateway that still shows evidence of congestion during the day on IPv6 but IPv4 remains flat.

IPv6 on 46.37.56.2

Going to migrate away in a couple of weeks anyway, glad these issues happened now and not having just renewed for 12 months!
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Mon 16-Nov-20 13:27:40
Print Post

I hope the transition to your new supplier goes well.

I'm in contract with Cerberus until July next year, having regraded and renewed mid year. Hopefully the service will now settle back to its usual stable and uneventful past wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to