General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User shortshrift27
(newbie) Sat 31-Oct-20 15:44:01
Print Post

Re: Cerberus FTTP, anyone else having issues?

[re: E300] [link to this post]

@E300, Apart from my higher baseline ping, the basic story of your graph and my graph is near identical. Sorry to hear they think this is resolved.
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Sat 31-Oct-20 15:51:55
Print Post

[re: shortshrift27] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by shortshrift27:
@E300, Apart from my higher baseline ping, the basic story of your graph and my graph is near identical. Sorry to hear they think this is resolved.

It’s a “core” network issue, so stands to reason that all our BQM graphs will be near enough showing near identical delay spikes at the same frequency and time of day.

Something was/is failing on somewhere in their network.

I’ll keep at them. Please do likewise. It’s not resolved.
Standard User E300
(regular) Sat 31-Oct-20 15:53:50
Print Post

[re: shortshrift27] [link to this post]

Yes I agree the underlying problem is still there, definitely some work around applied rather than an actual fix I think, I will update my ticket with them and point out we are still getting the same repeating latency issues but you'd hope they are monitoring it anyway. Granted it is better than what it was but it appears to be building in severity again each time it comes around.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 31-Oct-20 16:25:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by E300:
So I would say IPv6 and IPv4 was equally affected, certainly what I saw. Thankfully seems to be fixed now, perhaps it was not affecting every customer or only certain routes?

Interesting.

My second thought was that it's an ICMP versus UDP thing. Perfsonar uses owamp as its measurement protocol, and that runs over UDP. However you said that VoIP was getting choppy, and that's UDP too.

Therefore it sounds like a problem affecting some customers and not others. However, if it was a general issue with parts of BTW's backhaul network, then I'd expect it would affect customers of other ISPs as well.
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Sat 31-Oct-20 17:25:04
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Have been asked by Cerberus support to:

a. reboot my router
b. provide a trace route to either google.com or 8.8.8.8

The 'water peaks' still appear to be happening at roughly the same frequency, IRO of 1hr:20m to 1hr:48m from what I can tell.

Trace route run in between peaks (normal time?) looks absolutely fine. I will run again when we're in a peak.
Standard User E300
(regular) Sat 31-Oct-20 17:43:57
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

Asked to do the same thing but just over the end of the last high latency cycle and so a trace seemed all okay. I was asked to keep monitoring it and I got the impression from the reply that they consider the problem fixed, I guess we wait and see as the next blast of high latency is due very soon.
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Sat 31-Oct-20 17:48:26
Print Post

Sigh! Yeah I know. I sent them all my BQM's from the past 72 hours. The difference been normal operation and now is stark! There's no way they can claim its fixed (yet).

Prior to the workaround action this morning, the peaks appeared to recur roughly every 1hr:48m.The last bad one was just before 9am.

Since midday I noticed the peaks (although reduced in severity) appear to have spread out to roughly 2hr:20m between cycles.
Standard User E300
(regular) Sat 31-Oct-20 18:00:24
Print Post

I'm not too impressed so far with their support and how they have responded, although of course there may well be a team of technicians on to it pulling all nighters to get it fixed or they are trying to source new kit and that just hasn't been communicated that to us.

Anyway, here we go again, now seeing increased latency on the chart bang on schedule. Nowhere near as bad as the worst it got but each time it seems to be getting worse.

Looks like on Monday I will be having to look at the BQM chart and reschedule my catch up conference calls to fall in a "good" period.
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Sat 31-Oct-20 22:34:09
Print Post

This looks like it’s settling down now...will see how things go overnight.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Sun 01-Nov-20 07:17:02
Print Post

How are other folks now getting on?

This was my BQM overnight and early morning:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

The last monster spike from Saturday morning is still evident for comparison purposes. This is obviously much better, but there is still this periodic spike occurring, so whatever is causing that is still not completely resolved.

Trace routes, as you would expect are looking normal.

Edit: for the very eagle eyed or curious, the red 100% packet loss spike @ 16:36 yesterday on the graph is my router being rebooted.

Edited by Pheasant (Sun 01-Nov-20 07:21:48)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to