General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Sun 01-Nov-20 18:35:47
Print Post

Re: Cerberus FTTP, anyone else having issues?

[re: shortshrift27] [link to this post]

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

Same issue here, same gateway.
Standard User E300
(regular) Mon 02-Nov-20 08:38:46
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

Yes also see it is continued overnight with the same repeating pattern. Hopefully today being Monday with everyone back after the weekend we may get a bit more information to what is going on and when it might be fixed.

Edited by E300 (Mon 02-Nov-20 08:39:23)

Standard User adslmax
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 02-Nov-20 10:00:18
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

I think it due to more peoples going online now and working from home and worse set to come when the lockdown begin on Thursday that why broadband seem has many issues and maybe short staffed with many isp's are now working from home plus all engineers are short staffed and might not be available when the lockdown start.

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pheasant
(member) Mon 02-Nov-20 11:07:15
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Sorry Max it’s nothing to do with this. Thanks for the input as always though.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Mon 02-Nov-20 11:09:22
Print Post

I disagree, the previous lockdown I had no issues during or prior to.
Standard User adslmax
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 02-Nov-20 11:15:03
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ixel:
I disagree, the previous lockdown I had no issues during or prior to.

The engineer will NOT allow to go to customer house during lockdown. End of

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Standard User E300
(member) Mon 02-Nov-20 11:31:29
Print Post

To @adslmax, you seem to have arrived late to this thread and so perhaps don't understand the issue being discussed. Are you with Cerberus and seeing the same issue?

No one has mentioned engineer visiting premises and this isn't anything to do with the national lockdown (which hasn't started yet) or issues with capacity but an ongoing fault external to us the customer that we are told is resolved, but still appears to be around, albeit not as bad. If you read from the very first post you will see the issue, from it's worst, to where it still lingers.

I can confirm with others that during the first lockdown there were absolutely no changes or issues with Cerberus.
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Mon 02-Nov-20 11:43:35
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

I’ve started a BQM monitoring sesh on the Cerberus gateway. Similar latency spike activity going on there. It’s not been running long enough to correlate the trends against our own connections, but more data is helpful hopefully.

Live link to 46.37.48.1:
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Nov-20 11:46:35
Print Post

That's not what he disagreed with.

He disagreed with your comment that this issue has been caused by more people online.
I do too.

What customer number made it immediately jump from a perfectly flat BQM to this?
Customer 1,000 or 1,001?
It's a ridiculous suggestion. Clearly something broke.

In reply to a post by adslmax:
The engineer will NOT allow to go to customer house during lockdown. End of

Wrong.
Putting End of when wrong just makes you look stupid.

This "lockdown" coming on Thursday isn't as strict as the previous lockdown. OpenReach continue to enter homes when safe to do so.

Please also remember OpenReach isn't English, it operates throughout the UK.
Only England is starting a lockdown on Thursday.
The world doesn't revolve around your country and neither does OpenReach.

Edited by j0hn83 (Mon 02-Nov-20 11:47:31)

Standard User E300
(member) Mon 02-Nov-20 13:44:35
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

The gateway BQM seems to be following the same pattern of high latency periods although nowhere near as bad.

Cerberus must realise without us telling them that their network is nothing like the same as it was the day before all this started? Leaving customers to set up monitoring and for their service status to have no further updates except to say the matter is resolved seems odd and not very customer focused. The updates we did have were hard to decipher and the grammar was terrible and not very professional. Okay the service updates might have been from a stressed network engineer using his mobile or English wasn't their first language, so I kind of expected someone to come along Monday and tidy up the text on the service status page and add a bit more info, but they haven't.

All in all I'm disappointed with Cerberus. Yes things go wrong, no problem with the odd issue, but it is how a company deals with problems and puts them right that sets them apart.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to