General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-Nov-20 08:10:27
Print Post

Re: Cerberus FTTP, anyone else having issues?

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bryer:
So you are wrong.... again.....
Give him a break, others have already corrected him on this and a few other points yesterday.
Standard User E300
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 09:11:06
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

@Pheasant, is your gateway still the same? If I compare my BQM to the the gateway one there was period of higher than usual latency at around 6:30am, this mirrors exactly the same sort of repeating latency increase on the gateway BQM, but on your BQM you didn't have this higher latency at all, it was flat all the way through that. Given your slight bump up in minimum latency at around 5am seems to suggest your connection has been changed somehow or rerouted.

Edited by E300 (Tue 03-Nov-20 09:11:46)

Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 03-Nov-20 09:23:49
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

My BQM is showing a far better result overnight and this morning, only one spike but nowhere near as high.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

GW: 46.37.48.1

Edited by Ixel (Tue 03-Nov-20 09:24:35)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pheasant
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 09:37:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by E300:
@Pheasant, is your gateway still the same? If I compare my BQM to the the gateway one there was period of higher than usual latency at around 6:30am, this mirrors exactly the same sort of repeating latency increase on the gateway BQM, but on your BQM you didn't have this higher latency at all, it was flat all the way through that. Given your slight bump up in minimum latency at around 5am seems to suggest your connection has been changed somehow or rerouted.

Well spotted!! I hadn’t bothered to login to the router, but yes on checking now it appears my gateway has changed to 46.37.56.2

Hmmm....workaround or permanent change?
Standard User E300
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 09:53:00
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

I wonder if that gateway has always been there with customers connected or they've spun something up for testing and diagnostics? Or is it a change of backhaul supplier which terminates on different kit/gateway?

I've never kept note of the gateway IP so can't be sure if I've only ever connected to the one I'm on now or it has varied over time as part some sort of load balancing.

Hopefully you will get some update and info on what they are doing later today.
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 09:57:03
Print Post

I’ll ask support what’s going on with the gateways.
Standard User brookheather
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 10:45:42
Print Post

The last major spike on my connection was 9.30pm last night - there was a small one at 6.30am this morning but otherwise my connection is fine and has no increase in baseline latency so I'm closing my support ticket.

Cerberus FTTP + pfSense + UniFi nanoHD
Standard User E300
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 11:01:59
Print Post

[re: brookheather] [link to this post]

There are still the blips happening on the gateway that are affecting the connection though, unless you are special enough to get a new gateway that is smile One blip has just happened now and it is back up to >160ms latency, i.e. back to how it was yesterday, I hope you haven't closed the ticket just yet smile

So I think it is mitigation rather than a fix, perhaps they keep rebooting the troublesome card enough times that all traffic fails over to other cards/ports and the problem is much reduced, then as things balance out again the issue returns.

I'd certainly want to go at least 24 hours without seeing massive spikes before I would think it is fixed.

If you look at pheasants BQM on the other gateway, it's a world away to what we have!

Edited by E300 (Tue 03-Nov-20 11:05:12)

Standard User brookheather
(member) Tue 03-Nov-20 11:09:31
Print Post

Forget my last post - big spike currently - knocked out my background radio streaming for a few seconds like last week.

Cerberus FTTP + pfSense + UniFi nanoHD
Standard User shortshrift27
(newbie) Tue 03-Nov-20 11:15:41
Print Post

Big spike at 11am and indeed some packet loss in my graph:

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to