General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Whitehall11
(newbie) Thu 05-Nov-20 18:24:16
Print Post

Experiences with Glide (Waricknet?)

[link to this post]

Hello All - Interesting one today.

We're trying to setup a new office in Derby of all places (Near the Football Stadium) an area full of offices and car showrooms etc. So you'd naturally think there would be decent FTTP / FTTC infrastructure, the answer is sadly no.

BT quoted us a £3500 additional construction charge for a leased line, alongside a £330pcm charge for 100mb Up and Down.

However, this company called Glide has it's own Fibre Cabinets and infastructure in the area (They look like normal Openreach ones) that can deliver both Fiber to the Premise and FTTC via Openreach's PCP boxes.

The quote i've got today from then is for £300pcm for a 1GB Symetrical service, which is ridiclously cheap in comparsion to Openreach.

Has anyone had any experience with them before? They're midlands based and friendly which is always a good start.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 05-Nov-20 19:15:11
Print Post

Re: Experiences with Glide (Waricknet?)

[re: Whitehall11] [link to this post]

They used to be called Warwicknet, if you want to look up past reviews.

They are one of the few companies that do SLU (Sub Loop Unbundling).
Their presence on the local PCP means there will be no OpenReach alternative FTTC service available.

Warwicknet do Vectoring so OpenReach don't/can't share sites with them.
(newbie) Fri 06-Nov-20 09:27:26
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Ah that makes a lot of sense, thank you. I did wonder how their green cabinets could coincide with an Openreach VDSL Cab, but i guess it makes sense now that's why we could only receive an ADSL2 Service!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User danielhyde
(member) Fri 06-Nov-20 10:47:39
Print Post

Hi,

I've got a few clients with their services and its pretty hit and miss.
Some customers have no issues, others are relatively regularly reporting issues and its usually an issue with the cab.
Also most of our clients opted for full fibre but none have been delivered due to excessive construction charges.

Thanks
Dan
(newbie) Fri 06-Nov-20 11:07:34
Print Post

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

Hey Dan - Thanks for this.

Do you know if the excessive charges have come after they placed an order?
Standard User danielhyde
(member) Fri 06-Nov-20 11:35:45
Print Post

Hi,

They all came after delays in the install process.
The most recent one i remember was through the government gigabit voucher scheme.
Our clients were told the voucher would cover the install, four months after signing up Glide come back saying that they need £4000 to complete the install.
New ducting was required as they couldn't find where Openreach had installed theirs. they were quoting for digging up the customers fresh tarmacked carpark so they said no and had FTTC installed for free as a gesture of good will.

Edited by danielhyde (Fri 06-Nov-20 14:26:41)

Print Thread

Jump to