General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Wed 11-Nov-20 09:46:52
Print Post

Cabinet Full

[link to this post]

As you maybe aware I have been having issues with BT.

Recently I have been advised my request to move from Digital Voice to PSTN (in order to migrate to another provider) has failed, and now needs to be cancelled and replaced. However on Monday I got fed up and suggested they cancel everything, and I just go elsewhere. However upon speaking to one provider I now have another potential issue. A full FTTC cabinet (see here)

Now it appears my only choice to is to stay with BT and try and resolve the issue before migrating elsewhere, otherwise I may loose FTTC altogether and have to go onto ADSL!

Does anyone know IF I can migrate from FTTC (with Digital Voice) to a NON Digital Voice provider?

CJT.

On BT Broadband up to 80 Mbps...

But NOT for much longer!

Previously on NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Nov-20 10:59:59
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Full

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

Are you wanting to keep the same phone number?

Moving the voice will probably break the FTTC with phone service you currently have.

If you are thinking of BT using SoGEA and a voice provider, i.e. what would have been called WLR from one provider and SMPF broadband from BT in the past, then not sure if it is possible at the wholesale level. SoGEA is there for no voice, not voice from a provider of your choosing.

Digital voice is pretty rare for a BT FTTC service, this would suggest you are already SoGEA based.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 11-Nov-20 11:08:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

He may be totally screwed by now. See this thread. Possibly not even with landline broadband. Today's the date for a cease and re-provide that could mess up.

Edit: Ah - from that other OP, all services stopped on 14/10/20.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 11-Nov-20 11:12:09)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CJT
(experienced) Wed 11-Nov-20 11:14:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Are you wanting to keep the same phone number?

Moving the voice will probably break the FTTC with phone service you currently have.

If you are thinking of BT using SoGEA and a voice provider, i.e. what would have been called WLR from one provider and SMPF broadband from BT in the past, then not sure if it is possible at the wholesale level. SoGEA is there for no voice, not voice from a provider of your choosing.

Digital voice is pretty rare for a BT FTTC service, this would suggest you are already SoGEA based.

No I am not bothered by the phone number at all. It originally came from NowTV so I have no worries. I need to leave BT as I have had enough of their incompetence.

Oddly the Broadband checker now works with my number, so something is going on!

CJT.

But NOT for much longer!

Standard User CJT
(experienced) Thu 12-Nov-20 14:29:23
Print Post

All resolved thanks to a VERY efficient Openreach engineer!

Just awiting the phone number to fully migrate back onto PSTN but he has confirmed the number will be on the right sysyems and should move automatically.

smile

CJT.

But NOT for much longer!

ISP Representative uno
(isp) Thu 12-Nov-20 15:29:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by CJT:
Does anyone know IF I can migrate from FTTC (with Digital Voice) to a NON Digital Voice provider?

This should be fairly easy and the provide process is very similar to changing MPF to SMPF, just that you end up getting a new number.

I do suspect they've not done many of these as all the stories i've seen have been a bit troublesome. Likely they didn't ever expect many to want to go SoGEA back to a common setup which in a few years just won't be possible.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Thu 12-Nov-20 15:49:43
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Hi Matt,

The engineer was here from 9 am to 2pm sorting it. I understand that the migration they had attempted had failed, the reference for my FTTC was a SOGEA one and not the correct one and it all got so complicated.

I did e-mail you guys about taking a service from you, I should look again at UNO.

smile

CJT.

But NOT for much longer!

Print Thread

Jump to