General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 15-Nov-20 09:00:32
Print Post

Re: Anyone of checking an areas planned date for FTTP?

[re: dect] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dect:
Like many others I watch the roadwork websites smile the blockage I referred too doesn't directly affect me but I do know the properties it does and they are pulling their hair out waiting and their fear is Openreach may pull the plug if it goes on too much longer frown

That will be fun here when Zzoomm starts putting fibre here. This city comes to a standstill with one lot of roadworks.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 15-Nov-20 09:02:47
Print Post

[re: kjwkjw] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kjwkjw:
Would likely save a lot of enquiries if they was just to publish a little more info smile
They've tried that before with other roll-outs and unsurprisingly it didn't work well. People just moaned about being a long way down the list then moaned when schedules slipped. Given that some people will moan no matter what they do BT have sensibly chosen the route of minimum effort.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User jamie1985
(newbie) Sun 15-Nov-20 09:32:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Keep checking the roadworks in your area for the nex't 3 months.

When work was about done for our area they hadblue draw rope on some of their telegraph poles and within weeks they started putting fibre cables overhead and underground.

normally when our area was done they would do digging and then come back about 1-2 months later to lay the fibre.

We also had set back when everyone was live, we had collapsed duct which had to be repaired so this went on for another month longer.

Also virgin media had dug up our street at the same time openreach did early this year so was all going crazy lol

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by jamie1985 (Sun 15-Nov-20 09:33:35)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to