General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User branflakes
(newbie) Tue 17-Nov-20 15:24:45
Print Post

Community Fibre deployment times

[link to this post]

A long shot but maybe someone off the TBB forums can help. I've been chasing full fibre broadband for ages - given that I live very close to the cutoff point for the LNILC (Ilford Central) exchange, which has FTTP, I've often been seeing those fibre manifolds on DPs and white CSPs. I think there might be hope in the form of Community Fibe...

I've noticed Community Fibre appearing on roadworks maps laying ducting around my postcode area of E12 (not near me yet in E12 6), but none of the postcode area is live for service or listed as 'coming soon'. Some areas further afield are listed as available or 'coming soon' (talking around Central Park road, E6/bits near High St North, E6), but not anyone round here yet.

Having contacted them, they've suggested they're in the 'early stages of negotiations with the council so cannot give an estimated deployment time'. Having worked in Parliament, I full-well know LAs (esp mine!) can drag their heels, however seeing roadworks popping up is somewhat comforting.

Has anyone got any experience with CF and them going from LA negotiations to being live-for-service? I'm currently on VMs 1000/50 because its the fastest DL/UL available but I would cancel in a heartbeat and go back to 350/35 if I could have CF and that pure single-mode fibre delivered to the house!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 17-Nov-20 15:44:57
Print Post

Re: Community Fibre deployment times

[re: branflakes] [link to this post]

The discussions with LA will only impact you if you are in a property rented or leased from local authority. The discussion will be about a way leave for buildings the council owns.

So if you own freehold on your house then unlikely to see operator Community Fibre appear. They do do some residential streets, but in the main they are ones that are council owned properties, you may get done if very close or amid of those properties.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User branflakes
(newbie) Tue 17-Nov-20 16:13:18
Print Post

Re: Community Fibre deployment times

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Interesting, thanks. Our house (and all along the street) are freeholds or private leaseholds. Its a three-bed semi so no tower block.

There aren't many council-owned properties on my specific road (although some flats behind my house on a different road). Poking around the postcodes they're doing in E6, some of the roads aren't near any social housing but may just be convenient for them to spur off their existing infrastructure I guess.

Hopes dashed. HFC for now it is...

I like my internet how I like my breakfast cereal...

VM 1000/50.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to