General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User flagrag28
(newbie) Fri 20-Nov-20 23:07:40
Print Post

Openreach Market Harborough

[link to this post]

There has been a number of Openreach engineers looking inside all the pits in the ground on my estate this week but not going into cabinet or homes . I have checked on the Openreach website and it says that FTTP is not planned for this area and there is no sign of any cabling work on roadworks site.

I do know that another resident on the estate has enquired about a CFP project as he was told that we are not part of commercial rollout plans, would they come out and do surveys as part of CFP process?

The estate we live on is a 2015- 2016 built with 80 houses and the postcode is LE16 9HT and LE16 9HY all fed from cabinet 41 on Market Harborough exchange does anyone know what may be happening
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 20-Nov-20 23:19:49
Print Post

Re: Openreach Market Harborough

[re: flagrag28] [link to this post]

From location i.e. cluster of newish build its either data checking for the CFP or the roll-out of FTTP to recently built estates that goes on

Another might be a plan from builder to expand estate and they were checking spare space to handle a chunk of new properties

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User flagrag28
(newbie) Sat 21-Nov-20 01:13:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank You for the reply I was hoping that it may be some sort of survey to check for FTTP and if had not been for Openreach saying that it was not part of their commercial plans I would have thought that was the task. Most houses are unable to get GFast as the cabinet is on the main road so most are too far away.

I was not aware that they went to the effort of having 4-5 engineers out checking for CFP projects I thought that it was just a desktop quote based system like on demand fibre.

Not sure if this would make any difference in rollout plans but if there was very high usage from the estate would that increase the likelihood of us getting FTTP? We have a recent resident who works for BT sports producing football from home and he has told me he is using 300-400 Gb a day and over 2TB a week as most of his work is editing and producing UHD HDR content, I have already asked him if the work was for a leased line for him but said no

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User flagrag28
(newbie) Mon 30-Nov-20 11:51:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I noticed while out having a walk yesterday that there is now some lines and arrows near the FTTC cabinet and then going into the estate more straight lines then some square boxes. But stlll no sign of any cabling work being done though
Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Nov-20 12:10:32
Print Post

[re: flagrag28] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flagrag28:
if there was very high usage from the estate would that increase the likelihood of us getting FTTP?

No. At most it would trigger upgrade of the fibre backhaul from the cabinet, if that were getting congested.

In reply to a post by flagrag28:
I noticed while out having a walk yesterday that there is now some lines and arrows near the FTTC cabinet and then going into the estate more straight lines then some square boxes. But stlll no sign of any cabling work being done though

That doesn't really tell you much, it could be just a repair job. Keep an eye on one.network, sometimes the description tells you a bit about what's going on.

Edited by candlerb (Mon 30-Nov-20 12:10:44)

Standard User flagrag28
(newbie) Mon 30-Nov-20 12:41:58
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Thanks Candlerb- I am keeping an eye on the Roadworks site although I have noticed other areas around here that have had FTTP installed have not had anything noted on the roadwork site unless it affects the road and if they are working in the joint boxes in pavements or putting spine cabling in.

I was hoping that after the engineers looking in all the foot pits and now these markings on the floor that we may be having some progress in FTTP but looks like may just be extra FTTC capacity or fault fixing
  Print Thread

Jump to