General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User shortshrift27
(learned) Mon 30-Nov-20 17:16:46
Print Post

Re: FTTP who does what

[re: burble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by burble:
But when did the school get fibre? the school just down the road from me got fibre a long time ago, before the scheme was dreamt up. We only got fibre years later, and it couldn't be tapped off the schools line, it was a whole new fibre scheme.

CityFibre has in a number of areas started with a dark fibre network (connecting public sector sites) and then used this as a foundation for FTTH. In which case the FTTH is an outgrowth of the same basic network (though, no, you can't "tap off" a particular end-user fibre).

Apparently this is Openreach, not CityFibre, and I don't think we know on what basis the school got their fibre.
Standard User ponyman
(learned) Mon 30-Nov-20 17:25:21
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

I haven’t been able to find the answer to that question - I found out from a parent at the school and when I told my contact at the council he said “thank you, openreach wouldn’t tell me”!
I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that you are right about a long wait.
I just hope it gets done before the money runs out which is what happened with the last Welsh Government scheme.
Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Nov-20 17:35:26
Print Post

[re: shortshrift27] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by shortshrift27:
CityFibre has in a number of areas started with a dark fibre network (connecting public sector sites) and then used this as a foundation for FTTH. In which case the FTTH is an outgrowth of the same basic network (though, no, you can't "tap off" a particular end-user fibre).

Apparently this is Openreach, not CityFibre, and I don't think we know on what basis the school got their fibre.

CityFibre apparently only has one network in Wales, at Newport, and this is not a Gigabit City.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to