General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User McShaneDCFC
(newbie) Wed 13-Jan-21 16:20:06
Print Post

Openreach connect my community flyer

[link to this post]

I got one of these through the letterbox today asking me to pledge my gigabit voucher to openreach.

I don’t think it is linked to a community led fibre project, it just looks like openreach being proactive. Has anyone heard of this before?

When I go on the openreach website it says that once we meet the target for properties pledged they will build the network, but it doesn’t say what the target is. I will need to email them and ask smile
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-Jan-21 16:38:10
Print Post

Re: Openreach connect my community flyer

[re: McShaneDCFC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by McShaneDCFC:
I got one of these through the letterbox today asking me to pledge my gigabit voucher to openreach.

I don’t think it is linked to a community led fibre project, it just looks like openreach being proactive. Has anyone heard of this before?

When I go on the openreach website it says that once we meet the target for properties pledged they will build the network, but it doesn’t say what the target is. I will need to email them and ask smile
Could you add a link to a pic of the flyer?
(newbie) Wed 13-Jan-21 16:50:51
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Yes, will do, just need to figure out how to do that smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Wed 13-Jan-21 16:55:50
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Hopefully these links work...

https://imgshare.io/image/N4APUy
https://imgshare.io/image/N4AWF6
Standard User jpm
(member) Wed 13-Jan-21 16:58:57
Print Post

Sounds like a demand-led community fibre project. Pledging your voucher basically means you agree to take an FTTP service from a provider on the Openreach network within a certain amount of time after the network is built, and then once there have been enough commitments for the project to be commercially viable, they do the build.

If you wanted to pool all your vouchers with an altnet instead then you could presumably do that, at the expense of restricting your ISP choice.
(newbie) Wed 13-Jan-21 17:02:52
Print Post

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

Yeah it seems that way to me too but it appears openreach is taking the lead in terms of organisation of the scheme rather than a member of the public which I thought was interesting. 9 people have signed up so fingers crossed we get a few more pledges.
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-Jan-21 17:08:30
Print Post

Thanks for linking to the pics

Good luck and hope you get enough local pledges to make it happen smile
Standard User jpm
(member) Wed 13-Jan-21 19:36:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by McShaneDCFC:
Yeah it seems that way to me too but it appears openreach is taking the lead in terms of organisation of the scheme rather than a member of the public which I thought was interesting. 9 people have signed up so fingers crossed we get a few more pledges.

Are you sure nobody in your area expressed an interest in the CFP scheme? There's been instances reported here of CFPs in Northern Ireland being submitted and then picked up by OR as a demand-led process where they end up doing all the legwork.
Standard User Fastman3
(member) Wed 13-Jan-21 22:43:50
Print Post

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

it could be someone registered or when the numbers were run the voucher eligibility and coverage make sense (assuming you get enough pledges)- so there will be an amount that need to be covered , i assume thay if you click on the link and enter your postcode it will tell you what scheme you are included and how many need to pledge to make it viable
(newbie) Wed 13-Jan-21 22:52:43
Print Post

[re: Fastman3] [link to this post]

I’ve had another look, the target number of pledges isn’t there but I can see this.

“ Your area is eligible!
Great news, this postcode is eligible for our Demand Led Community Fibre Patnership build project. Come together as a community for faster broadband. Pledge your voucher now, and encourage others in your community to do the same.”

I didn’t realise that this was even a thing that openreach done, I had been thinking about a community fibre partnership but the thought of the admin really put me off so this is great. (Assuming enough people sign up which they might not as they already get fttc and the price for that is a lot lower than ultrafast)

I’m going to email openreach and ask about the number of premises required
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to