General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nazzer
(committed) Tue 19-Jan-21 15:44:19
Print Post

Fttp installing anytime soon?

[link to this post]

Hi, before christmas i noticed the BT openreach guys in the street and they said they were putting in Fttp and it should be available to order around January. I have been keeping an eye on the various checkers and at the moment it doesnt seem available. I was just wondering with Covid and everything else whether this is delaying it. Does anyone know best location for checking Fttp availability ? i've just been putting my postcode into here https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband

thanks in advance.

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Jan-21 15:57:59
Print Post

Re: Fttp installing anytime soon?

[re: nazzer] [link to this post]

The OpenReach checker you listed is the best place to check when it's live to order.
There is no site that will give progress updates or that will show live before the OpenReach site.

Due to lockdown OpenReach aren't doing many internal FTTP installs until March.
So while the external work may be completed and you may be able to order, your install appointment might be delayed until March.

Exclusions can be made for those with no other service or those with very low speeds but if you currently get decent FTTC speeds over OpenReach it's very unlikely they will install FTTP to you before March.
  Print Thread

Jump to