General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 07-Feb-21 10:48:12
Print Post

Re: Annoying 18 months of broadband frustration

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Hi Michael

I saw this news and thought of your recent posts and all those people who would now be complaining to the ASA and OFCOM

CityFibre UK Shelves Stoke-on-Trent FTTP Broadband Rollout

My comment above is only suppose to be light hearted so please don't take offence smile
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Sun 07-Feb-21 10:50:14
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

It is going to happen at some point in time but how long is a piece of string?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk, upgraded to fibre 40/10
Standard User Pheasant
(committed) Sun 07-Feb-21 11:58:13
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

wink You wicked, terrible man

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User LordVader
(member) Mon 08-Feb-21 11:10:53
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

I certainly didn't buy the house thinking FTTP would be rolled out to it. Not naive to the fact OR change there plans without reason. The fact Leicestershire (apart from Virgin Media) in general is far behind many county's regarding FTTP shows for what ever reason, either the Council or OR not pushing ahead.

Frustrated yes but also realize i like MANY more would love FTTP but unfortunately a lot of the country is in the same boat.

Can only continue to push OR, which they are investigating again and imagen will just come back no plans for FTTP and the reason you cant order FTTC is because the cabinet is full (as someone has already said) and at some point when we feel like it will be upgraded
Standard User WUW
(newbie) Mon 08-Feb-21 14:35:23
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
In reply to a post by LordVader:
I’m lucky with my 4G broadband, although I release that at any moment more people might go down this route and the speeds will drop.
If the mast serves the Three network, you could try an EE PAYG SIM to see if you get good coverage, or Vodafone or O2.

My backup BB solution seems to work well: UW 4G SIM (EE infrastructure) unlimited data as low as £12.50 per month, it's cheaper (and much quicker) than a second ADSL. 5G coming next month too, happy to have this option. Let me know if you would like more info.
Standard User LordVader
(member) Mon 08-Feb-21 15:32:06
Print Post

[re: WUW] [link to this post]

How have you got an EE unlimited SIM for £12.50 pm?

I have an EE PAYG sim on the way to test although as it's a mast share with Three (MBNL) don't think will make any difference to speed nor provide redundancy against mast going down
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-Feb-21 15:59:05
Print Post

[re: LordVader] [link to this post]

although as it's a mast share with Three (MBNL) don't think will make any difference to speed nor provide redundancy against mast going down

Disagree on "Mast share" just shares the metal tower and antenna. Does not share the radio equipment, backhaul links or radio frequencies transmitted on. There are two physical networks, with independent equipment cabinets at the base etc.

Agree on redundancy.

21 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 08-Feb-21 16:27:39
Print Post

[re: LordVader] [link to this post]

I certainly didn't buy the house thinking FTTP would be rolled out to it. Not naive to the fact OR change there plans without reason.
If Openreach (or BDUK) have changed their plans there will be a reason, maybe you will never find out what that is but there will be a reason.
The fact Leicestershire (apart from Virgin Media) in general is far behind many county's regarding FTTP shows for what ever reason, either the Council or OR not pushing ahead.
Everyone who struggles with poor broadband feels they have been left behind even if FTTP is deployed in neighbouring streets, you are not alone.
Can only continue to push OR
Thats all you can do keep pushing Openreach and your local council/BDUK.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to