General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Whitehall11
(regular) Wed 10-Feb-21 12:05:38
Print Post

Re: Openreach Update to Community Fibre Projects

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by slimj:
In reply to a post by Whitehall11:
Potentially this new scheme may offer more money from April to Tier 3 areas? If the govt ambition is to really target the hard to reach communities, they'll need to redistribute the cash

That's perhaps my theory also. Less postcodes in valid areas, so more funds towards those harder to reach locations?

We have £7k vouchers here in Kent (although I was advised the funds were running low) but as you can imagine, it only takes a small handful of addresses to reach the target compared with the lowly £1500 vouchers in 30Mbps+ areas.

We reached £84,500 with 14 homes + 2 business (58 possible addresses but many are 40Mbps+) thanks to the higher value vouchers. Our target was £58k. The project would not be viable with just the £1500 per household.

I'd just noted we're at the same stage - i replied back to the guy who sent this email yesterday, very helpful, who informed me our's was still waiting for the DCMS to green light it, and they had been quiet for sometime, so it sounds like it's classic government holding us both up!

We've got a mixture of £3500 SME vouchers, £7k Sub 30mpbs vouchers and some £1.5k vouchers and our target was £59k.
Standard User wifigeek
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Feb-21 12:09:59
Print Post

[re: LordVader] [link to this post]

yeah just noticed the same thing for me. all the estates around us have FTTP already, ours is in a dead zone and long lines with 30/5 frown openreach wanted 13k for FTTPoD and unfortunately using 4G is proving to be too unstable at times

Edited by wifigeek (Wed 10-Feb-21 12:10:27)

Standard User darkages
(newbie) Mon 15-Feb-21 22:31:02
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Has anyone seen any details regarding the replacement for the Gigabit Voucher Scheme that’s meant to start in April 21 following on from the current GVS that finishes in March?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User slimj
(committed) Tue 16-Feb-21 10:21:18
Print Post

[re: Whitehall11] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Whitehall11:
I'd just noted we're at the same stage - i replied back to the guy who sent this email yesterday, very helpful, who informed me our's was still waiting for the DCMS to green light it, and they had been quiet for sometime, so it sounds like it's classic government holding us both up!

We've got a mixture of £3500 SME vouchers, £7k Sub 30mpbs vouchers and some £1.5k vouchers and our target was £59k.

I'd imagine this could be moved to the new scheme if you are still waiting, it may be beneficial to you (if you're in 'area 3'). When we were finally able to start pledging I was advised the £7k top up funds from KCC were 'running low' so it's likely this may not be available now.

I had some great news regarding our project yesterday. We hit our target and everything has been verified, so we're now moving on to the 'Delivery' stage. I'm pretty happy to know that a little bit of leg work has paid off and that in 6-12 months time we should finally have access to the full fibre network! smile

I hope your project works out well for you! smile
Standard User slimj
(committed) Tue 16-Feb-21 10:21:56
Print Post

[re: darkages] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by darkages:
Has anyone seen any details regarding the replacement for the Gigabit Voucher Scheme that’s meant to start in April 21 following on from the current GVS that finishes in March?

It will likely be announced in March after the budget I would imagine.
Standard User PeterDS
(newbie) Mon 22-Feb-21 12:08:54
Print Post

[re: Whitehall11] [link to this post]

Unfortunately the link for the Excel sheet has expired, could you possibly post it again?

Thanks
Standard User slimj
(committed) Mon 22-Feb-21 15:48:56
Print Post

[re: PeterDS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PeterDS:
Unfortunately the link for the Excel sheet has expired, could you possibly post it again?

I added it to ISPReview, you can find it in this post here
Standard User flagrag28
(newbie) Wed 03-Mar-21 11:05:27
Print Post

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

We have a demand led fibre community partnership project in our area and we have exceeded the amount of required pledges but have been told to try and get more people to claim the vouchers.

One of the residents has asked will Openreach claim the cost of all vouchers pledged or just up to the value of the community contribution requested ? In essence will they try to get as much money as they can from the government so that they have to contribute less ? Also if the latter is correct does this speed up the process at all as they have not got to fund it themselves
Standard User slimj
(committed) Wed 03-Mar-21 11:58:30
Print Post

[re: flagrag28] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flagrag28:
We have a demand led fibre community partnership project in our area and we have exceeded the amount of required pledges but have been told to try and get more people to claim the vouchers.

One of the residents has asked will Openreach claim the cost of all vouchers pledged or just up to the value of the community contribution requested ? In essence will they try to get as much money as they can from the government so that they have to contribute less ? Also if the latter is correct does this speed up the process at all as they have not got to fund it themselves

I think just having more than the quoted figure just increases the chance of success of the project moving to the delivery stage. We required £58k but we're now on around £86k so there is a good buffer, it helps when it comes to ensuring enough of the vouchers are 'validated'.

You haven't indicated, but I presume you have only just gone over 100%? What was your original target and what are you up to now? I would imagine if you have only just gone over 100% then this is why they are encouraging more sign ups.

To my knowledge, Openreach will only claim up to the amount that is quoted on the proposal. The rest of the bill they will foot themselves.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to