General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dave2150
(experienced) Thu 11-Feb-21 12:53:45
Print Post

Banded following street works - Help?

[link to this post]

In the last few weeks, the street connecting to mine has had a large water leak. The water board has been here for hours upon hours, digging new 'discovery' holes to (I assume) find the source of the leak.

They've finally managed to fix it, but this has caused a few weeks of crazy amounts of errors on my line, and the whole cul-de-sac. I believe the underground cables were flooded or the machinery during the day was causing the errors.

My usual 24Mbit sync is now banded down to 18Mbit. The errors actually stopped before the banding was applied, though the DLM didn't seem to care.

What's the quickest way I can get the banding removed? Years ago (at a different address) I had to arrange an ISP visit, then the openreach guy that attended was able to call and request this on his phone.

Kind regards,
Dave.

FTTC over 600M of good old Aluminium
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2869262320.png

Edited by dave2150 (Thu 11-Feb-21 12:54:54)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Feb-21 13:18:47
Print Post

Re: Banded following street works - Help?

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

Some ISP’s are able to request it be done remotely.

Some will need to raise a fault with Openreach. ( the engineers don’t need to ring up anymore, they just request it via an app )

Standard User dave2150
(experienced) Thu 11-Feb-21 14:05:01
Print Post

Re: Banded following street works - Help?

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks.

I've raised with BT, they claim the line is not capped (despite syncing at exactly 18,000Kbit for the last week with a > 6DB SNR).

They have spotted an error on their end though, and have arranged an engineer visit for Monday. Must say, I'm impressed with the turnaround so far!

FTTC over 600M of good old Aluminium
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2869262320.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to