General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ceepan
(member) Mon 15-Feb-21 12:00:05
Print Post

FTTP Timescales

[link to this post]

I live in one of the areas mentioned here https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/07/ofcom-... due to get FTTP over the next 3 years (Article is dated July 2020 so should now be within 2.5 years). Is there any way to check the likely timescale for my area?

Also is there a way to find out how the current telephone line comes into the house? I believe it is underground but don't see any evidence of BT manholes or ducts around my property. I am just trying to workout what may be required when FTTP becomes available.

Thanks,
Paul
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 15-Feb-21 14:52:55
Print Post

Re: FTTP Timescales

[re: ceepan] [link to this post]

Think this is the latest update from Openreach, look from page 9 onward for your location

Full Fibre build programme - Feb 2021
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-Feb-21 15:37:22
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

An interesting update list.

The exchange/village that I am connected to is Hawarden WNHAW not listed, but totally surrounded by areas supplied by exchanges that are. Connah's Quay, Buckley, Chester South. Plus also the next layer out, Hope, Mold, Flint etc.

Is there any hope (not a pun) for Hawarden?

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold Home::1 FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 15-Feb-21 15:42:43
Print Post

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ancient_Mariner:
Is there any hope (not a pun) for Hawarden?
I wish I knew the answer frown
Standard User ceepan
(member) Mon 15-Feb-21 16:31:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by dect:
Think this is the latest update from Openreach, look from page 9 onward for your location

Full Fibre build programme - Feb 2021

Thanks for getting back to me. Looking at the table (my exchange is Fauldhouse) it show a Yes for "Exchanges Currently Building In". What does that actually mean for likely timescales for premises being able to order FTTP?

Thanks,
Paul
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 15-Feb-21 16:53:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by ceepan:
Thanks for getting back to me. Looking at the table (my exchange is Fauldhouse) it show a Yes for "Exchanges Currently Building In". What does that actually mean for likely timescales for premises being able to order FTTP?
The fact that they have started the FTTP build in your location/exchange area is extremely positive, there are lots of exchanges/locations on that same list that haven't started or will not start for at least 3 months. For timescales on when you will be able to order, no one is going to make you any promises on that as every build is different.
Standard User heathrow
(regular) Mon 15-Feb-21 16:59:35
Print Post

Build can be anything up to a year. Depends on the location.

The fact your exchange is in build is very encouraging.
Standard User JHo1
(member) Mon 15-Feb-21 17:09:37
Print Post

Thanks DECT. Sadly I've just discovered that there is another village called "Kingsley". frown
John
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Mon 15-Feb-21 17:23:22
Print Post

ceepan

Can't help on timescales but you can track rollout at https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/index.php?tab=...

You are likely to notice when rollout starts in your area as there will be lots of work down manholes or up poles.

You asked how your service is delivered, you would know if it was overhead as you would have a cable from a pole. If no Poles it is underground and you may be able to find where the cable exits the duct and comes up the wall before entering the house. (or even inside the house).
Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 15-Feb-21 17:51:54
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Also: if there is no duct, and the cable is buried Direct-In-Ground, then they may decide to deliver FTTP from a pole.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to