General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ceepan
(member) Thu 29-Apr-21 12:11:56
Print Post

Re: FTTP Timescales

[re: Grimers] [link to this post]

The Openreach vans were back at the end of the street on Monday and have been at other locations around the village the last few weeks. I have tried looking at https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/... for a few addresses round the village and all show that FTTP is NOT currently available. Is that normal? Are there any better sources of data to see how the rollout is going? https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/index.php?tab=... doesn't have anything for Fauldhouse. Does that show where FTTP is available to order, or where FTTP has been installed?

Thanks,
Paul
Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Apr-21 14:07:51
Print Post

[re: ceepan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ceepan:
The Openreach vans were back at the end of the street on Monday and have been at other locations around the village the last few weeks. I have tried looking at https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/... for a few addresses round the village and all show that FTTP is NOT currently available. Is that normal?

Yes that's normal: it's ready when it's ready. There's auditing to be done, and there's additional work at the exchange, which can take weeks or months. There may be problems with the upstream fibre path that may take time to resolve. Sometimes, fibre rollouts are abandoned without going live at all, due to unforeseen problems.
Standard User ceepan
(member) Thu 29-Apr-21 14:41:36
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
The Openreach vans were back at the end of the street on Monday and have been at other locations around the village the last few weeks. I have tried looking at https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/... for a few addresses round the village and all show that FTTP is NOT currently available. Is that normal?

Yes that's normal: it's ready when it's ready. There's auditing to be done, and there's additional work at the exchange, which can take weeks or months. There may be problems with the upstream fibre path that may take time to resolve. Sometimes, fibre rollouts are abandoned without going live at all, due to unforeseen problems.

Thanks for the information. I realise that there is no exact timescales on this, but was just wondering if there was a general rule on it. I had a a look at http://streetworks.org.uk/live-traffic-works-map/ and there are further works shown there in the next month (using the 3 months view it show works on or about the 19th May). There is nothing further out than that. I wasn't sure if that meant that they hadn't worked out all work required or if they only have to give a certain amount of notice that they intend to carry out work.

Cheers,
Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wifigeek
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-May-21 17:10:45
Print Post

speak to openreach CEO. I live not that far from you and reached out to openreach CEO email who put me in touch with the project manager for this are and discovered my area in west lothian is due to be rolled out to by late 2021/early 2022.

Edited by wifigeek (Sat 01-May-21 17:11:07)

Standard User Grimers
(regular) Sat 01-May-21 18:17:49
Print Post

[re: wifigeek] [link to this post]

Yeah, that's what I did. They've been brilliant and keeping me up to date with the rollout here.
Standard User ceepan
(member) Mon 03-May-21 13:38:20
Print Post

[re: wifigeek] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wifigeek:
speak to openreach CEO. I live not that far from you and reached out to openreach CEO email who put me in touch with the project manager for this are and discovered my area in west lothian is due to be rolled out to by late 2021/early 2022.

Where did you get the contact details? Are they available on the Openreach website?

Cheers,
Paul
Standard User GonePostal
(committed) Mon 03-May-21 14:23:13
Print Post

Where did you get the contact details? Are they available on the Openreach website?

Cheers,
Paul

Lots of threads on this Forum where the details are given or you can look it up using this website.
Standard User ceepan
(member) Tue 04-May-21 09:15:17
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GonePostal:

Cheers,
Paul

Lots of threads on this Forum where the details are given or you can look it up using this website.

Thanks for that. I'll send an email to see if he can provided some further details.

Cheers,
Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to