General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User miserablegamer
(newbie) Mon 15-Feb-21 13:47:51
Print Post

New FTTP Installation Wiring

[link to this post]

Hi - I've finally got around to getting Full Fibre installed, and we had the initial visit this morning to lay cable.

After he had left, I noticed an issue....where the existing copper pops up from underground and where it enters our house, we have a telephone socket, but its not the master socket, and there is no 13 amp power ANYWHERE near it....we don't actually use this socket at all due to its location and lack of nearby power.

Our actual master socket, and where I've run all my LAN/WAN cables for our network is in a different location, but it is on the same floor, on the same outside wall to where the duct exit/house entry point is.

Will the installers be able to route an external cable to our master socket from the duct exit point currently is, to where the current master socket resides, which is about 8 to 10m? To me, this is the nearest suitable building entry point to site the ONT, and the Standard Installation policy on the Openreach site states that they will run any external cable needed to reach the nearest suitable point.

What I'm getting at is, they aren't going to just pop thru the wall at the duct exit and leave me with an unpowered ONT are they?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-Feb-21 14:01:30
Print Post

Re: New FTTP Installation Wiring

[re: miserablegamer] [link to this post]

Yes they will .

They will need power for the new ONT so where router currently sits will suit fine, especially as it’s on the same outside wall.

Standard User miserablegamer
(newbie) Mon 15-Feb-21 15:05:23
Print Post

Re: New FTTP Installation Wiring

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

That's great....I figured they would rather than leave me with nothing and unable to test their work.

Thanks for the reply!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to