General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Feb-21 12:43:07
Print Post

Re: Cerberus rep on this forum?

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply

Its a shame and annoying as this issue isn't of the OP's making (dare I say where is the compensation from BTW or Openreach whoever is at fault), I think for me I would go out of contract and pay £120 to Cerberus for a month and see if the issue can be resolved and if not at that point I would recontract with Cerberus as you suggested.

Edited by dect (Sat 20-Feb-21 12:50:18)

Standard User Pheasant
(committed) Sat 20-Feb-21 13:56:01
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Seems to me the BTW back office systems when it comes to FTTP really aren't up to snuff with transfers and regrades.

I know I had 4 weeks of hassle because their back office systems were shafted last July when I wanted to re-grade. I had to escalate up to Bob to shake the tree to get them into action.

For a comms company they are bloody hopeless sometimes.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 21-Feb-21 11:12:05
Print Post

[re: Tek] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tek:
Its not quite that simple sadly..

On the ONT itself (Huawei 1 port) there is a completely different serial number.

Neither mine or my neighbours matches the ONT SN on our Cerberus accounts.
But do they match if swapped over?? !!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
The EU’s multiple failures are due to a deeper malaise .... What malaise? The EU’s formidable immunity to the smallest amount of democracy. New Statesman Feb 2021.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Tek
(newbie) Sun 21-Feb-21 12:57:31
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No, they don’t match.

The existing Cerberus connection has these details:

ONT000085xXx1 with SN 0000001XxX5

The number on the physical ONT is:

485XxXxXxXx372A0

None of the numbers match where I’ve x’d them out either, my neighbours don’t match in the same way and do not match mine if we swapped.

/D
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 21-Feb-21 13:51:33
Print Post

But you have a working service at present ? So the ONT serial number is successfully linked to the head end , and since yours is a Cerberus service, it must kinda imply your link is configured correctly ......

So you must be reading it wrong somehow.

It looks like it ought to be the bottom one. 48575443*******

Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Feb-21 14:06:24
Print Post

There are a fair few Cerberus customers on here, would be interested to hear from them if they have any discrepancy between their ONT SN and whats on the Cerberus account.
Standard User Pheasant
(committed) Sun 21-Feb-21 14:55:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by dect:
There are a fair few Cerberus customers on here, would be interested to hear from them if they have any discrepancy between their ONT SN and whats on the Cerberus account.

It's not a discrepancy so much, as far as I can see it's a different number altogether, although they are variously both termed "serial numbers" they do not "match" on my Cerberus account.

The first "serial number" on the account is effectively the user ID associated with the account, and as such makes up the first part of the PPPoE login detail. It is an 11 digit numeric (only no alpha characters) with six leading zeros. The last five numbers are unique.

The physical serial number of the ONT is a 16 mixed alpha and numeric ID in the format 48575443NaaNNNNa, where 'a' is an alphabetic char and 'N' is numeric. At least that's what it is on a Huawei. The two "serial numbers" bear no other resemblance to each other than sharing the same (possibly confusing) nomenclature....

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Pheasant (Sun 21-Feb-21 15:02:24)

Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Feb-21 15:02:15
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

So the ONT SN mismatch is a red herring then real focus should be on the KCI-1 error
Standard User Pheasant
(committed) Sun 21-Feb-21 15:08:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by dect:
So the ONT SN mismatch is a red herring then real focus should be on the KCI-1 error

Yeah quite possibly I suppose. Unless of course it is the actual Huawei ONT serial numbers on record don't match up, but as a customer, don't think you can see that on any (Cerberus) records - other than what is physically printed on the underside of the ONT.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Feb-21 15:16:24
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Pheasant:
Yeah quite possibly I suppose. Unless of course it is the actual Huawei ONT serial numbers on record don't match up, but as a customer, don't think you can see that on any (Cerberus) records - other than what is physically printed on the underside of the ONT.
Shame we ain't got anyone on here who knows what a KCI-1 error means frown
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to