General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Feb-21 15:24:23
Print Post

Re: Cerberus rep on this forum?

[re: dect] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dect:
In reply to a post by Pheasant:
Yeah quite possibly I suppose. Unless of course it is the actual Huawei ONT serial numbers on record don't match up, but as a customer, don't think you can see that on any (Cerberus) records - other than what is physically printed on the underside of the ONT.
Shame we ain't got anyone on here who knows what a KCI-1 error means frown
OK so I now know KCI means Keep Customer Informed and the 1,2 and 3 are milestones.

Edited by dect (Sun 21-Feb-21 15:25:06)

Standard User Pheasant
(committed) Sun 21-Feb-21 15:55:55
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Yes they are progress gates/milestones, a per the various handbooks online...

KCI1 = Acknowledged - an order line is being progressed.
KCI2 = Committed - a CPD has been calculated
KCI3 = Completed - an order line has been fulfilled.

But it's the verbiage of the KCI1 error that is the detail needed, and only someone from BTW would have that access....

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Ixel
(experienced) Sun 21-Feb-21 18:16:09
Print Post

[re: Tek] [link to this post]

Just posting to also confirm that my equivalent details do not match (I'm also a Cerberus customer - with a working service).

I used an address checker from another ISP I used to use, which provides some additional details compared to say... the usual public BT wholesale checker, but requires a login, and that shows the following for where I am (some details partly masked/blurred for privacy):
https://i.imgur.com/pZWns4O.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pheasant
(committed) Sun 21-Feb-21 19:59:36
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

Thanks for the update there, good source of info that.

I think it’s a given that the “serial number” that Cerberus quote to us is a different beast from the actual ONT serial number (as shown in your obscured screenshot). But they must have a record of the actual ONT serial number too.

Presumably your actual ONT serial number matches what you see from the ISP screenshot though?

Edit - I’ve had my ONT swapped out, presumably the BTW/Openreach records must be updated to reflect the change......hmmmmm. Wonders...

Edited by Pheasant (Sun 21-Feb-21 20:01:38)

Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Feb-21 20:16:27
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Pheasant:
But they must have a record of the actual ONT serial number too.

Openreach must have, but I don't think BTW or the customer-facing ISP need to. They just need *some* reference number which identifies the service logically.

Tthe ONT serial number could be private to Openreach, as this would allow them to swap it out without having to notify the upstream providers' systems. (This is just a guess however)
Standard User Pheasant
(committed) Sun 21-Feb-21 20:22:16
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

I guess the ONT to some extent is "invisible" to the ISP - its just Openreach infrastructure for delivering a BTW service resold via the service provider to the end user.

However some ISP's clearly have access to this information as evidenced in the screen shot above.

As you say there must be some logical data / service provision linkage, back to the physical ONT serial number, even if the ISP doesn't hold it (or need to hold the information).

I'm sure the mysteries of this will eventually be revealed....

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to