General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Skilty
(committed) Mon 08-Mar-21 13:01:58
Print Post

Is FTTP coming to my street?!

[link to this post]

Hey guys,

Over the last week it looks like OpenReach have been installing new kit on existing poles and replace 'D' poles.

Is this part of a FTTP roll out?

Picture of Kit

Cheers

Skilty

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL > Sky Fibre Max > ZeN Fibre 2 - 11ms Ping, Sync ~ 61.2/18.2Mbps - My Broadband Ping
Standard User witchunt
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 08-Mar-21 13:19:04
Print Post

Re: Is FTTP coming to my street?!

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

Yes. It's a CBT= connectorised block terminal

Edited by witchunt (Mon 08-Mar-21 13:33:05)

Standard User Skilty
(committed) Mon 08-Mar-21 13:24:57
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by witchunt:
Yes. It's a CBT= connectoriaed block terminal

Thanks buddy. Any idea how long between these things going up and it being available to order?

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL > Sky Fibre Max > ZeN Fibre 2 - 11ms Ping, Sync ~ 61.2/18.2Mbps - My Broadband Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fastman3
(member) Mon 08-Mar-21 13:32:21
Print Post

first think is to check on openreach where and when openreach,co.uk which might give you a view of when it might be other than that keep a watch on the Bt Wholesale checker which will update to an option for WBC FTTP (it it says fibre on Demand that not what you want)
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Mon 08-Mar-21 17:07:02
Print Post

Skilty

Piece of string time, just keep checking./ watching. It can be a couple of weeks or 6 months depending on how many problems they hit.

You should see them connecting it all up and the fibre being connected to the CBTs. May have to dig to clear blockages and this lengthens the time frame. What you may not see is this being done all the way to the Aggregation node, which can be some distance away.

Use the checker weekly and Tell "Mr Saffron" your post code when it is available to order so that he can update the data on this site.
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-Mar-21 18:46:35
Print Post

Don't want to rain on your parade but the CBT's went up nearly 24 months ago here, the OR discovered ducts were blocked that pushed the remaining works out of scope for BDUK, we're only now finally seeing movement after our CFP hot 100% Nov 2020. I'll keep my fingers crossed it works out for you.

Are your CBT's connected up or is the fibre still coiled up in a loop up the poles?
Standard User Skilty
(committed) Mon 08-Mar-21 20:36:37
Print Post

[re: Rich44] [link to this post]

Cables have all been pulled as I was chatting to one of the engineers today and could see inside on of the chambers at the bottom of the hill. Not sure where the aggregation node is but could see a number of cable runs and he confirmed mine had been pulled through already.

They still have work to do so I am guessing 6-8 weeks depending on if they have layed the cable from the exchange to the aggregation nodes.

Standard User Skilty
(committed) Mon 08-Mar-21 20:38:18
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Thanks will let him know as soon as I can order. By the looks of it the issue has been with some old poles that have been replaced as they are already at the bottom of the road, so fingers crossed and the piece of string isn't too long! smile

Standard User hoopla
(committed) Mon 08-Mar-21 21:07:41
Print Post

FTTP has come to my street, and has gone live smile

But only two poles away from the new cabinet in my direction.
I'm connected to the third pole in the line, so no FTTP for me frown
Standard User Skilty
(committed) Wed 10-Mar-21 07:51:37
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

Fingers crossed you get connected at some point!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to