General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User realj42
(regular) Mon 22-Mar-21 14:41:41
Print Post

Why was my pole missed out in FTTP rollout?

[link to this post]

About 18 months ago my street in Wallasey had an FTTP build but the pole which feeds my house was not upgraded. So no FTTP for me and my neighbours but fine for the rest of the street. I have tried contacting openreach about it but no reply, even with the 'My neighbour can get FTTP but I can't' approach. The pole in question only has 6 subscriber lines so would that be the reason? Otherwise seems fine (no D notice?) other than some tree branches which could easily be cleared.

Just very frustrating of course. I can get 500Mbs Virginmedia so I have all the speed I need, but it would be nice to have some choice of supplier, higher upload speed and IPV6!
Standard User Pheasant
(experienced) Mon 22-Mar-21 19:22:28
Print Post

Re: Why was my pole missed out in FTTP rollout?

[re: realj42] [link to this post]

Perhaps you can email MrSaffron (aka Andrew Ferguson) with your details and he may be able to assist in pulling some levers

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-Mar-21 19:47:17
Print Post

Have you actually tried ordering a service ?

Just because there is no CBT up the pole doesn’t mean that service cannot be spanned from a different pole, then to your pole, then your property.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 22-Mar-21 21:30:41
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:

Just because there is no CBT up the pole doesn’t mean that service cannot be spanned from a different pole, then to your pole, then your property.

That is what I am finally expecting on Wednesday - 50m from pole with CBT to pole serving me and a further 45m to the house

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-Mar-21 22:25:11
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Good luck 🤞

Standard User realj42
(regular) Mon 22-Mar-21 23:13:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:

Yes tried several times - no change only 72mbs FTTC available. The nearest pole on the street is blocked by branches (but is that really a problem - I can lend them my clippers!) The nearest pole with a CBT and an unencumbered line of sight to my house is about 100m away so probably too much effort.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 23-Mar-21 10:04:15
Print Post

Just measured it ... pole to pole is 62m.

Should be interesting to watch ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User punbros
(newbie) Tue 23-Mar-21 10:29:06
Print Post

I am on similar situation as well. All of the houses in and around my area has been upgraded and available to order except the houses on this particular pole. In fairness it has been marked as 'D' and was supposed to be replaced. However after countless roadwork showing up in onenetwork over several months, the pole hasn't been replaced yet. The last time it was supposed to be replaced was on 15-18th February 2021.

Between I am on Bexley area and postcode is DA161DD
Standard User Fastman3
(member) Tue 23-Mar-21 11:38:17
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

Realj42

you get 500m from virgin and youd like some one to investigate why you cant getFTTP from Openreach so you can have a choice of providers - unbelievable , utterly unbelievable
Standard User Realalemadrid
(committed) Tue 23-Mar-21 13:10:28
Print Post

[re: Fastman3] [link to this post]

I think the point the OP is making is that many premises in the street can get FTTP and can also probably get Virgin so why should a few properties be missed out for no obvious reason.
Many places have a choice of suppliers, I didn't know there was a rule against it which you seem to think is OK.frown
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to