General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Micro
(newbie) Thu 01-Apr-21 10:20:21
Print Post

FTTP rollout hiatus

[link to this post]

Hello All

The village (Alvechurch) is now largely FTTP enabled, including all of the adjacent roads, which use OH feeds.

However, on my road (B48 7PE) the feeds to properties are all underground (via ducting). The FTTP fibres with CBTs were installed along the road a few months ago, but the availability checker still states that “FTTP is not available” although the FTTP on Demand did change from 330 to 1000 at the time.

I did request an update from fibre enquiries at Openreach, who rather unhelpfully send a standard reply, stating that “We don't have any plans to upgrade your area right now” and suggesting ”We do encourage you to explore either the community fibre or fibre on demand”.

So my questions are:

1. Are there usually long delays for properties fed UG compared than OH?
2. Are there any ways to find out when WBC FTTP may be available? (end of FTTC contract soon)

Many thanks Adrian

Edited by Micro (Thu 01-Apr-21 10:22:01)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 01-Apr-21 13:51:30
Print Post

Re: FTTP rollout hiatus

[re: Micro] [link to this post]

Could be a blocked duct has been found and waiting on that being resolved or they've just forgot about you

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Micro
(newbie) Thu 01-Apr-21 14:18:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Could be a blocked duct has been found and waiting on that being resolved or they've just forgot about you

They did replace some ducting during the rollout, but since then then village has gone from being overrun with OR contractors to none at all, so we may have been forgotten. Although there are 50 houses on the road, so it's a significant omission.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RR_The_IT_Guy
(regular) Thu 01-Apr-21 14:21:28
Print Post

Hi,
You could try emailing higher complaints and asking them, I emailed them asking about plans in my area and they told me there were unlike that fibre form which gives standard responses the same as yours so i would give it a go.

Are there any ways to find out when WBC FTTP may be available? (end of FTTC contract soon)

Are you currently checking on BT Wholesale or on the Openreach Site checker as from the details supplied it looks that way.
If so the details will be supplied on there.

If you want more details email higher complaints as they have given me a build date overestimate and when the order could be placed but these are estimates, but I would always say email give it a week and see what they say.

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping
Standard User Grimers
(newbie) Thu 01-Apr-21 19:26:10
Print Post

A few months isn't unusual, where I live in Newton Poppleford, there have been CBTs on some DPs since October and those customers still can't order a service!

Edited by Grimers (Thu 01-Apr-21 19:27:02)

Standard User jawjboy
(newbie) Fri 16-Apr-21 14:09:03
Print Post

Hey, I'm in Alvechurch too and have the same problem on my road (Warbank). We have underground cables and openreach dug up everything and laid new cable but we are still stuck on standard speeds.

Did you email higher complaints and get a response?

Not sure how we can group efforts to make a louder noise....
Standard User Micro
(newbie) Fri 16-Apr-21 14:24:47
Print Post

[re: jawjboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jawjboy:
Hey, I'm in Alvechurch too and have the same problem on my road (Warbank). We have underground cables and openreach dug up everything and laid new cable but we are still stuck on standard speeds.

Did you email higher complaints and get a response?

Not sure how we can group efforts to make a louder noise....

I've made some progress. I sent an email to Clive Selley (Openreach CEO) and have today spoken to someone in their Infrastructure Solutions Executive Level Complaints Team. She has taken the details and aims to get back to me by 26th April.
As soon as I know more I'll let you know via the forum.
Standard User jawjboy
(newbie) Fri 16-Apr-21 14:31:36
Print Post

Cool, good luck and hope they come back with something positive.

I you get a chance maybe say there are several roads in the village with the same issues.
Standard User Micro
(newbie) Fri 16-Apr-21 15:30:50
Print Post

[re: jawjboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jawjboy:
I you get a chance maybe say there are several roads in the village with the same issues.

Will do.

Just out of interest, does the underground duct to your house arrive internally or externally? Mine is internal (arriving inside the garage) which I understand is atypical and (due to Covid restrictions) could explain why rod & rope of the duct has not yet been performed.

Other areas in Alvechurch with underground ducts which are external to the property have had R&R and are now WBC FTTP available
  Print Thread

Jump to