General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Apr-21 09:05:12
Print Post

Re: Rod and rope process

[re: DrPepper] [link to this post]

Well that’s good to know. 😊

Standard User Grimers
(newbie) Sat 03-Apr-21 19:46:23
Print Post

[re: kjwkjw] [link to this post]

3 months is not that long, some around here have been installed ~twice as long and still not live...
Standard User Pheasant
(experienced) Sat 03-Apr-21 19:55:39
Print Post

[re: Grimers] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Grimers:
3 months is not that long, some around here have been installed ~twice as long and still not live...

Indeed. Often or not with posts about how long these things take, it's as much about setting expectations...especially if one is getting FTTP connected gratis.

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Grimers
(newbie) Sat 03-Apr-21 19:59:11
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

Yes, when I saw the FTTP banners put up last Summer I thought ooh it won't be long! But, I was wrong. I've only seen a part of what goes on, but from what I've seen, it's hardly surprising that an exchange's FTTP rollout can sometimes take years!

Edited by Grimers (Sat 03-Apr-21 19:59:34)

Standard User Micro
(newbie) Wed 07-Apr-21 15:02:43
Print Post

[re: Micro] [link to this post]

I have now noticed that some other roads in the village have residential UG feeds, albeit new builds.

Where these have WBC FTTP available, they are described on the BT Broadband Availability Checker as "KCI2 Assure - Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG congested duct" or "Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Duct rodded and roped"

This suggests to me (at least in this rollout) that FTTP is not available until R&R has been attempted, which is rather unfortunate as it delays the availability for UG feeds.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Apr-21 15:37:58
Print Post

The common scenario, (Openreach flavour) is where FTTP is available to order, once placed, records dictate whether a rod and rope task is required, this if needed will ascertain if new ductwork is required, or blockages need clearing.

The fibre install teams have been busy during lockdown, on some estates where lead in ducts exist, roping prior to any order ... meaning the task can be completed in one visit on the day of install.

There is such a wide variety of scenarios that a ‘one size fits all’ statement seems almost pointless.

If you can order, and you wish service, then go ahead place your order and let Openreach sort the rest out.

Standard User Micro
(newbie) Wed 07-Apr-21 16:10:42
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Unfortunately (at this location) WBC FTTP is not available until R&R has been attempted, so I guess I'll have to be patient
Standard User RR_The_IT_Guy
(regular) Wed 07-Apr-21 16:11:57
Print Post

It could be worse at least your area is getting some FTTP at some point some areas are going to have to struggle on sub 50Mbps broadband for a lot of years to come.

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping
Standard User j0hn83
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Apr-21 17:45:31
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
The fibre install teams have been busy during lockdown, on some estates where lead in ducts exist, roping prior to any order ... meaning the task can be completed in one visit on the day of install.

I noticed this has been done on my new build development this week.

OpenReach installed FTTP as part of the RNS (Retro New Site) programme around August last year.
Until this week all installs were being rod/roped on install day.

They've done every house on the development this week, with blue draw ropes in place for every property who has yet to order.

So they seem to be revisiting some areas to rod and rope some time after deploying FTTP.
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Wed 07-Apr-21 17:48:15
Print Post

[re: RR_The_IT_Guy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RR_The_IT_Guy:
struggle on sub 50Mbps broadband

Struggle? My 45-48 Mbps is more than adequate. Now if it was in the 1-3 Mbps region I would agree with that wording smile

plusnet FTTC 55/10
Using a Fritz!Box 7530

Live BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to