General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Micro
(newbie) Thu 01-Apr-21 16:14:10
Print Post

Rod and rope process

[link to this post]

Is the "Rod and rope process" to a property detailed at
https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/questions...
performed as a part of FTTP rollout, or on an individual property after ordering FTTP as part of the installation process?

I would have thought it was the latter, but the OR site suggests that this may be performed before an order is placed.

Edited by Micro (Thu 01-Apr-21 16:16:02)

Standard User j0hn83
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Apr-21 17:13:02
Print Post

Re: Rod and rope process

[re: Micro] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Micro:
Is the "Rod and rope process" to a property detailed at
https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/questions...
performed as a part of FTTP rollout, or on an individual property after ordering FTTP as part of the installation process?

I would have thought it was the latter, but the OR site suggests that this may be performed before an order is placed.

Usually the latter, after ordering.

In some areas they do do this during the rollout process, so the OR site is accurate in saying this "may" be performed before placing an order.
Standard User Fastman3
(member) Thu 01-Apr-21 18:43:59
Print Post

depends on how the build is funded could affect whether the outcome of the rode and rope has a charge or not --

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Apr-21 18:57:43
Print Post

[re: Fastman3] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fastman3:
depends on how the build is funded could affect whether the outcome of the rode and rope has a charge or not --

Where are you getting this stuff from ??

Standard User Micro
(newbie) Thu 01-Apr-21 19:26:21
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks to all for the info

I asked, as the rest of the village with OH feeds are now FTTP available. Our road with UG feeds via ducting is still unavailable and so wondered if they needed to have rod & rope before becoming available.

The duct to the property is also internal (which I understand is atypical) and so OR would require access if R&R was needed, which could be problematic with current restrictions.

Edited by Micro (Thu 01-Apr-21 19:27:04)

Standard User DrPepper
(regular) Fri 02-Apr-21 07:49:39
Print Post

My exchange area (Peartree) is currently being fibred as part of the Openreach rollout and they sent a letter telling everyone on the estate this. It was many weeks later when they started the process and now all homes have a bit of blue rope sticking out of ducts!

Will see how good it was at the end of April (2021) when my FTTP install gets done.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 02-Apr-21 09:15:40
Print Post

[re: DrPepper] [link to this post]

Yo Dr.P ! Long time no see.

Standard User delicolor
(newbie) Fri 02-Apr-21 13:04:03
Print Post

Blue rope appeared from our duct at some point last year (25 year old house with u/g works) but we were never contacted.
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Fri 02-Apr-21 15:10:27
Print Post

[re: delicolor] [link to this post]

Same around here, we are in the midst of a rollout and blue ropes have started to appear through the ends of the ducts on the houses.

CBT's were installed nearly 3 months back so it seems something is holding us up at the moment.
Standard User DrPepper
(regular) Sat 03-Apr-21 08:39:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Yo Dr.P ! Long time no see.

I am here all the time, lurking!

Edited by DrPepper (Sat 03-Apr-21 08:40:58)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Apr-21 09:05:12
Print Post

Well that’s good to know. 😊

Standard User Grimers
(newbie) Sat 03-Apr-21 19:46:23
Print Post

[re: kjwkjw] [link to this post]

3 months is not that long, some around here have been installed ~twice as long and still not live...
Standard User Pheasant
(experienced) Sat 03-Apr-21 19:55:39
Print Post

[re: Grimers] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Grimers:
3 months is not that long, some around here have been installed ~twice as long and still not live...

Indeed. Often or not with posts about how long these things take, it's as much about setting expectations...especially if one is getting FTTP connected gratis.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Grimers
(newbie) Sat 03-Apr-21 19:59:11
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

Yes, when I saw the FTTP banners put up last Summer I thought ooh it won't be long! But, I was wrong. I've only seen a part of what goes on, but from what I've seen, it's hardly surprising that an exchange's FTTP rollout can sometimes take years!

Edited by Grimers (Sat 03-Apr-21 19:59:34)

Standard User Micro
(newbie) Wed 07-Apr-21 15:02:43
Print Post

I have now noticed that some other roads in the village have residential UG feeds, albeit new builds.

Where these have WBC FTTP available, they are described on the BT Broadband Availability Checker as "KCI2 Assure - Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG congested duct" or "Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Duct rodded and roped"

This suggests to me (at least in this rollout) that FTTP is not available until R&R has been attempted, which is rather unfortunate as it delays the availability for UG feeds.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Apr-21 15:37:58
Print Post

The common scenario, (Openreach flavour) is where FTTP is available to order, once placed, records dictate whether a rod and rope task is required, this if needed will ascertain if new ductwork is required, or blockages need clearing.

The fibre install teams have been busy during lockdown, on some estates where lead in ducts exist, roping prior to any order ... meaning the task can be completed in one visit on the day of install.

There is such a wide variety of scenarios that a ‘one size fits all’ statement seems almost pointless.

If you can order, and you wish service, then go ahead place your order and let Openreach sort the rest out.

Standard User Micro
(newbie) Wed 07-Apr-21 16:10:42
Print Post

Unfortunately (at this location) WBC FTTP is not available until R&R has been attempted, so I guess I'll have to be patient
Standard User RR_The_IT_Guy
(regular) Wed 07-Apr-21 16:11:57
Print Post

It could be worse at least your area is getting some FTTP at some point some areas are going to have to struggle on sub 50Mbps broadband for a lot of years to come.

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping
Standard User j0hn83
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Apr-21 17:45:31
Print Post

The fibre install teams have been busy during lockdown, on some estates where lead in ducts exist, roping prior to any order ... meaning the task can be completed in one visit on the day of install.

I noticed this has been done on my new build development this week.

OpenReach installed FTTP as part of the RNS (Retro New Site) programme around August last year.
Until this week all installs were being rod/roped on install day.

They've done every house on the development this week, with blue draw ropes in place for every property who has yet to order.

So they seem to be revisiting some areas to rod and rope some time after deploying FTTP.
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Wed 07-Apr-21 17:48:15
Print Post

[re: RR_The_IT_Guy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RR_The_IT_Guy:
struggle on sub 50Mbps broadband

Struggle? My 45-48 Mbps is more than adequate. Now if it was in the 1-3 Mbps region I would agree with that wording smile

plusnet FTTC 55/10
Using a Fritz!Box 7530

Live BQM
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Apr-21 18:08:26
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

To be honest, projects such as yours have been done as the FTTP bids had time on their hands during lockdown.

Standard User dect
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Apr-21 18:10:06
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by longedge:
struggle on sub 50Mbps broadband

Struggle? My 45-48 Mbps is more than adequate. Now if it was in the 1-3 Mbps region I would agree with that wording smile
and he was talking about upload not download tongue
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Apr-21 18:13:48
Print Post

Unfortunately (at this location) WBC FTTP is not available until R&R has been attempted, so I guess I'll have to be patient

Really ?

Openreach will only let you order AFTER they have attempted a rod and rope ??

Openreach provision is driven by CP’s placing orders .... if they cannot order from Openreach, Openreach reach won’t attempt anything ???

Standard User Pheasant
(experienced) Wed 07-Apr-21 18:21:11
Print Post

Hehe. I was just reading the frankly amazing story from FarmerStuart in the Broadband Not-Spots and Slow-Spots topic area. He was able to order an FTTP connection, even with 150m of duct missing!

Does that come under attempted rod and rope 😂

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Realalemadrid
(committed) Wed 07-Apr-21 18:42:05
Print Post

It seems that the OP has made his own incorrect conclusion regarding R&R being required before FTTP is showing as available. There must be other reasons for the delay on the FTTP service.
(regular) Wed 07-Apr-21 18:58:35
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

I mean I did say years to come so i was trying to imply that 5 to 10 years from now that will be as bad as sub 3 and 30, which I can say I have also experienced before fibre deployment and I mean HD streaming was possible on 4Mbps but it was a bit of a struggle to remote desktop and still was 3 years ago with a 50Meg connection with a tiny 5bps upload when connecting to computers with multiple 4K monitors. I know when 8K is more commonplace 50Mbps will be too slow, I have tested streaming 8K to see how it handles on 100Mbps and its just about bearable to run two maybe three i forgot (which it was) concurrent streams with minor buffering.

I mean I am on Virgin Media and am meant to get 113 Down 10UP now we all know what you actually get is lower more like 10Mbps up and down at peak or in my area it has been so it is a lot lower.
I know all the residents and businesses can't wait for FTTP in my area will certainly be a thing i'm looking forward to even if I can get 80/20 if i wanted and VM's M600 more like 60Mbps in the evening.
I struggle to remote desktop, video call and run updates at once without full saturation on a Saturday and during the peek in the week so I would like some consistency. I mean in reality I feel like Ofcom should change the definitions of what is suitable I know that "superfast" speeds are really slow even the definition of ultrafast of 100+ is not really fast if the upload is less than 50 its like saying yeah its fast if you are watching netflix but if you want to video call upload loads at once you can't as that's to much of an ask.

It can be said that my expectations of broadband speeds are quite high and that anything lower than what i currently have is simply not suitable or sustainable for long periods of time I know I won't be having any slower upload speeds as I have had these speeds since december 2019 when Virgin Media gave a free upgrade.

I'm quite surprised that most people's sub 30 connections can cope video calling, especially when the uploads are worse I know when I use teams on two computers at once on my network it gets a bit hard with the upload limitations which I get is a whole different story but knowing how quicker FTTP networks feel when loading webpages, uploading and downloading data I know the differences and I know how it feels to download 1 gig files compared to uploading it.

My previous experiences with higher upload speeds are quite visible. I have used some very extreme examples but 15 years ago others have and people who said 1000Mbps would be around I was told that lots of people did not believe it. So my examples of uploading may be extreme but the users here are probably downloading and uploading multiple TB a month so are the UK's future examples, I know there are two people in my household and the fact I single handedly max it out says a lot I know there was a statement in a news article a while back that showed that extreme users were only a few Years ahead in usage of others being a basic advanced warning for capacity although lockdowns and covid have increased the speed's of this trend. I think you get what i'm saying on a basic level, I can't remember the exact details of the article but i'm sure you get what i'm trying to say.

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping

Edited by RR_The_IT_Guy (Wed 07-Apr-21 19:17:07)

(regular) Wed 07-Apr-21 18:59:45
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

and he was talking about upload not download tongue

I was for the current time as I mean loads of us can barely do anything on a 10Mbps upload or even 20 I know its a struggle when i go to upload ISO files to onedrive to share with someone who needs to reinstall windows every 6 months as I'm sure we all know those windows update bugs that cause havoc and break printers and cause blue screens, 100% of this did happen last month right as my VM service went to 1Mbps UP and Down in the evenings when this needed to be done it took hours and even days for all of the different updated ISO files.

We all wish uploads were symmetric maybe then we would use our connections to their potential without getting bottlenecked.
I think we can all agree that sub 30 Uploads is not really adequate on the assumption that only video calls use 5-10Mbps each and most households have 2 at once thats the bandwidth gone. I know my 10Mbps upload is gone most days luckily I have access to a leased line somewhere else so if i need to do some big uploads I can but you can imagine 20 to 40 gig images being uploaded its just too long.

I hope you understand what i meant I did partly state this answering to the gentleman myself.

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Apr-21 19:40:13
Print Post

mean I am on Virgin Media and am meant to get 113 Down 10UP now we all know what you actually get is lower more like 10Mbps up and down at peak or in my area it has been so it is a lot lower.
I hope you are calling in faults constantly and getting refunds. here is a solid 200 down, 20 up for the working week. When I get 18 upload, I think something is wrong!

(I have a fing box, doing regular speed tests plugged into my router)

21 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
(regular) Wed 07-Apr-21 20:46:39
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I hope you are calling in faults constantly and getting refunds.

Oh trust me i'm their worst nightmare I have clocked 6 Engineers in one week four kelly's the rest VM.
My attitude to them is the problem will be fixed or I won't go away, I made it clear to them that they have already lost 30 potential customers who just got VM in their areas as they asked me if they should change and quite frankly i sent them my samknows data and the virgin media chat's and call recordings taken from my Virgin VOIP phone and they were very quick to understand that their current provider however bad, was better. I know some people say to me I want to join VM my response to that is can you get any FTTP from any provider that's not them if they say yes i go never touch VM unless you have to. I get they can be good but my experience is so bad that I never want to deal with those incompertant crooks if i don't need to they also get sent evidence from my samknows whitebox BMQ's amongst other things to back what i say up..

Next door the same we team up we both get the appointments on the same day and times.
The engineer goes let's replace the cable and the network engineer at my local node outside my window knows me from the amount of times i go out there and he said they are just "putting a plaster on a broken bone". That says it all, he then said that he has CityFibre where he lives as virgin media is too bad. He then says to call again. In the end virgin media gave me a whopping £5 compensation for over 3 months of sub 10 speeds my old talktalk ADSL 13 Down 1 Up was better.
To be fair I only pay £29 a month for 100 Down 10Up with talk weekend calls and unlimited calls text and data on SIM so it is literally the price of a decent mobile provider for the plan but seriously they should give me the broadband for £1 as its not good.

You would laugh at it all, that's why when i found out Openreach FTTP is coming before september 2022 I was very clear to tell virgin media and since I told them the service has suddenly got a little better with drops to 70 according to Samknows Whitebox. They clearly know that my street is going to leave and get FTTP because the majority of my area use so much bandwidth it makes my usage look like nothing. I know that the majority of my street is VM as looking at SSID's walking through the street there is only two BT and one Plusnet so I'm not surprised there's capacity issues. I also know that my streets groupchat often has the words "Virgin Media outage" as a common topic and when I sent them a screenshot of Clive Selley's direct email to me they reacted how I expected with well done lets all leave VM.
I know one thing I am debating which provider I should get for my first FTTP experience.
The cheap talktalk or expensive BT with some customer experience or ZEN with excellent experience in comparison who would get those first time problems sorted. Or other small providers, regardless I will be using my own router and don't require a phone plan although if its cheap it might be considered.
I know when I'm closer to the time I will get my spreadsheet out and do a full comparison of packages vs my usage and my peek usage.
I have just done a GDPR data request for usage data from VM to see if getting a 500Mbps connection is worthwhile. I know I used a spreadsheet when i recontracted for virgin last year 4-6 months ago i think.

I know the usage data will be useful to see what i used in the last three years so I can plot the graph and estimate for an 18 Month contract that's all matters to me is the contract duration and after that is a problem for later on when that time is reached.
I know i like to leave a 20% overhead on upload and download at all times even at the end of contract if possible for obvious reasons. I know anything is better than unstable VM I know they are not going to get away with it whatever price they give me just got to hope the fibre comes sooner rather than later.

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping
Standard User GonePostal
(committed) Wed 07-Apr-21 21:46:06
Print Post

I expect I'm not the only person around these parts that now sees one of your posts and puts it in the TL:DR box without making any attempt to take note of your comments.
Standard User dect
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Apr-21 21:52:44
Print Post

Really ?

Openreach provision is driven by CP’s placing orders .... if they cannot order from Openreach, Openreach reach won’t attempt anything ???
I don't by the theory that a R & R needs to be attempted as I've seen properties go live with comments like "possible wayleave issue" and all sorts of other issues so a simple R & R attempt isn't going to stop a property go live.

Edit: For clarity when I say 'live' I mean available to order FTTP

Edited by dect (Wed 07-Apr-21 23:13:47)

(regular) Wed 07-Apr-21 23:09:32
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

Sorry about that Next time i will keep it short

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping
Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Apr-21 09:03:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by dect:
I don't by the theory that a R & R needs to be attempted as I've seen properties go live with comments like "possible wayleave issue" and all sorts of other issues so a simple R & R attempt isn't going to stop a property go live.

Edit: For clarity when I say 'live' I mean available to order FTTP

That's correct. My neighbour has:

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed Not Evaluated.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

and FTTP Install Process says "KCI2 Assure".

Their duct is not roped, but they are served by the same underground chamber as me. What it's saying is there is a duct, but it hasn't been checked so there's a potential issue if it's blocked or otherwise unusable.
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Apr-21 14:06:48
Print Post

" connecting to computers with multiple 4K monitors."

A monitor is usually small in size compared to a TV and there is no need to have 4K displayed on it, Full HD is more than adequate.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk, upgraded to fibre 40/10
(regular) Thu 08-Apr-21 15:24:23
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Poster: broadband66
Subject: Re: Rod and rope process
" connecting to computers with multiple 4K monitors."

A monitor is usually small in size compared to a TV and there is no need to have 4K displayed on it, Full HD is more than adequate.

Believe me i know but i was connecting to macs at the time and I'm not sure if you have experienced apple's scaling approach of changing resolutions but teamviewer gives me options to override the default options however it makes the experience awful.
I was connecting to video editing macs that's why it was 4K at the time.

If it makes things better I have two 27" 1080P 144HZ AOC gaming monitors because i could not justify the cost of 4K (to be clear i got these at over 50% off) These monitors

The only reason some of my devices have 4K is because they are laptops.
But i know where your coming from. It's really stupid really having to receive 2 4K "streams" when essentially i can only view it in 1080P the same applies on the laptops when i need to access them offsite with my 10Mbps upload that struggles.

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping
Standard User dect
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Apr-21 15:43:48
Print Post

Believe me i know but i was connecting to macs at the time and I'm not sure if you have experienced apple's scaling approach of changing resolutions but teamviewer gives me options to override the default options however it makes the experience awful.
I was connecting to video editing macs that's why it was 4K at the time.

If it makes things better I have two 27" 1080P 144HZ AOC gaming monitors because i could not justify the cost of 4K (to be clear i got these at over 50% off) These monitors

The only reason some of my devices have 4K is because they are laptops.
But i know where your coming from. It's really stupid really having to receive 2 4K "streams" when essentially i can only view it in 1080P the same applies on the laptops when i need to access them offsite with my 10Mbps upload that struggles.
Just a reminder below and is above relevant to the thread subject?
Next time i will keep it short
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 08-Apr-21 15:54:29
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Off topic, but I disagree. High DPI screens are great on Mac or Windows computers.

21 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
(regular) Thu 08-Apr-21 16:02:32
Print Post

It was about how the bandwidth requirements of upload speeds and how FTTP would make a massive difference to those working from home.

But i guess its not fully related to ducts and rod and rope.

I know one thing St Neots FTTP roll out has caused all the major roads around the exchange to be closed as the ducts access is in the middle of the roads for some reason and they seem to be trying to rod but have decided to dig due to the nature of blockages.

Many Thanks,
RR-THE-IT-GUY
My Broadband Ping

Edited by RR_The_IT_Guy (Thu 08-Apr-21 16:03:19)

Standard User Grimers
(learned) Thu 08-Apr-21 16:53:13
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Do you know what the difference is between 1/2 Stage and KCI2 Assure?
Standard User wolvesmad
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Apr-21 16:56:17
Print Post

I've just seen them mention about Fiber cabinets on the above link.

I didn't think FTTP needed cabs? Any idea what they mean?

-

SkyUltrafast FTTP 150
Standard User Grimers
(learned) Thu 08-Apr-21 16:57:10
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

I wonder if they mean CBTs or aggregation nodes?

Edited by Grimers (Thu 08-Apr-21 16:57:34)

Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Apr-21 17:38:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by Grimers:
Do you know what the difference is between 1/2 Stage and KCI2 Assure?

1/2 stage is as it sounds. 1 stage means they expect the entire installation to be done in a single visit; 2 stage means two visits, e.g. the internal install done separately from the external install.

KCI are the order progress stages: KCI1 = order accepted, KCI2 = order committed, KCI3 = order complete. If they need to do a survey or further planning before committing to deliver, then this takes place before KCI2. The order could therefore be rejected before KCI2 if it's found to be infeasible or too expensive to deliver.
Standard User Pheasant
(experienced) Thu 08-Apr-21 17:52:06
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wolvesmad:
I've just seen them mention about Fiber cabinets on the above link.

I didn't think FTTP needed cabs? Any idea what they mean?

In the OP? The link there is to a ‘generic’ fibre broadband FAQ so any talk of cabinets etc relates to the FTTC product not FTTP. As said FTTP (in Openreach land at least) is cabinet-less (with one relatively tiny exception which I won’t mention to avoid confusion) 👍

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Pheasant (Thu 08-Apr-21 17:54:00)

Standard User Grimers
(regular) Thu 08-Apr-21 18:16:36
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

I see, it's just I've seen KCI2 everywhere but not 1 or 3, so I wondered if it was a different type of installation.
Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Apr-21 18:27:22
Print Post

Yeah, in short it means "order subject to survey"
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Apr-21 14:03:37
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

"but I disagree"

Posts change and replies can change as well.

There is no discernible difference when sat close to them.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk, upgraded to fibre 40/10
Standard User Micro
(newbie) Fri 09-Apr-21 14:23:33
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

It seems that the OP has made his own incorrect conclusion regarding R&R being required before FTTP is showing as available. There must be other reasons for the delay on the FTTP service.

My conclusion is based upon all residences in the village with UG feeds and FTTP available have had R&R. Whereas no residences with UG feeds and no R&R are FTTP available, despite the CBTs being installed several months ago.
Standard User Micro
(newbie) Fri 09-Apr-21 14:29:09
Print Post

Really ?

So it would seem, at least at this location. The properties with UG feeds and R&R are all now FTTP available. Whereas properties with UG feeds, but without R&R, are FTTP not available, despite CBTs being fitted.
As FTTP is not available, it cannot yet be ordered
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 09-Apr-21 15:19:45
Print Post

OK, so it is quite common for FTTP to be rolled out in dribs and drabs, the presence of a CBT does not mean that you are able to order.

When you ARE able to order, that’s when things start to slot into place.

Standard User Grimers
(regular) Fri 09-Apr-21 16:30:00
Print Post

Yup, as I mentioned above, they can be there for months and still not be live...
Standard User Whitehall11
(regular) Sat 10-Apr-21 23:48:42
Print Post

Will add a little factoid to this discussion.

OR have been assisting us with our CFP, and rang us up the other day asking if they could add some more properties to the plan etc (We would just need to get a couple more vouchers and it makes people happy, so i thought why not! - Quite a rural area too!)

We've been waiting for a cost to come back this week, but turns out Openreach had to send someone out especially to survey the area so they could price it up! (Quickest i;ve seen them move)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to